Monday 22 July 2013

Mule Agility

Greetings Muleteers!  Well what fun I had this weekend.  I knew something was up when a mule mobile arrived and I was shown inside.  Yes, yes, been there, seen that, done that, where are we going, when are we going?  Well the humans kept me waiting for another day..... sigh!

Eventually after much faffing around on their part we were ready for the off.  I entered my mule mobile straight away, the flight mule attendant brought my in transit snack of a carrot and off we set.

Gosh MH you do drive like an old lady.... actually that's fine as it means I can balance easy and eat my hay, this is great, if I travel I gets hay not straw - yippee!

Here we are.... woohoo, have you seen all that grass, my goodness me, I have come for a Dragon sized picnic.

 
Well it seems that FH had other ideas.... she appears to think that we are here for a training day?  Apparently she thinks she is training me to do Horse Mule Agility with a group of other equnes and their humans, I think I am training her to do Mule Human Agility.  Whatever, I'm sure we'll figure out who's in charge.
 
 
After lots of showing off to my new fans (they was amazed at my mulificent, good looks and willingness to show my human up ;-) it was time to tackle some obstacles.
 
First up was the curtain thingy, I went through no problems, I was so quick the photo does not show my prowess... Here I am mostly concerned with the grass not the curtain, looks tasty!
 
 
Next up was the hoopy thing, yep I went through and over that quick too and the camera thing didn't catch me..... errmmm FH look at the grass..... come to think of it there is a theme here in these pics??

 
Then off to 'Scarey Corner', why is this scarey?  That's right FH you lead the way and I'll follow like a good muletta should, someone has even left me a helpful sign for directions :-)
 
 
Me and FH is rebels though and decided to go the wrong way round this one way system, just in case you didn't get my best side on camera!
 
 
Then on to some other obstacles, first I had to walk across a wooden bridge and through some barrels and over a tarpaulin, I was so speedy the camera didn't catch me, needless to say I was teaching FH some real agility tricks, in between there was a bit of grass munching - yum!  It was even better because our trainer insisted that me eating grass was good as it kept my brain happy.  I like this trainer she gets my need for feed!
 
Next up is the podium, I think this should be renamed Mule Mound.  I gots my little, itty, bitty muley hooves up there as quick as I could, no place I'd rather be than up high!  FH was well pleased with me. 
 
 
In the spirit of fairness I wanted to give my back hooves a chance too, but then the urge to eat got too much..... it's ok though mules can multi task!
 
 
Then there was some of that ground worky stuff where I had to go backwards, bend round poles and trot next to FH (she's slow but I tried my best not to overtake, it would not have been sporting).
 
 
The human was definitely getting better with this agility thing, we'll have her jumping through hoops in no time.

 
Just one last thing FH, how about the grass eating obstacle?  Can we tackle that now?  If I can just get my head down another couple inches I'll complete that task.
 

It was time to go way too quickly but alas I had eaten enough grass to brag to the minis about, had taught FH some moves, had conquered every obstacle put in front of me and made loads of new equine and human friends - not bad for a day's fun.


So when are we coming again FH?? That was quite fun, although I'm ready for a snooze now!


 

16 comments:

  1. What fun! Dragon is such a good mule to train her human to go through all those obstacles like that. And so brave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, I'm glad you agree that training humans is a good thing, I have a long way to go with mine but at least she's halter broken!

      Delete
  2. Well done you. Training humans is never easy but you seem to have done it well.Letting her think she is the one doing the training is a wonderful achievement. You must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so proud my ears are touching in the middle, human training is hard work - time for dinner and a snooze ;-)

      Delete
  3. Ah, Callie dear, tackling obstacles is so easy for the muletta aventurera, ágil and multitasker in you. No doubt that your new friends were bedazzled by your glamour. I loved all the pictures and especially the last one --you are so, so pretty. Such a great day you both had!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! I think the onlookers were all amazed at my pretty ears, bravery and patience with my human (they need helping to be brave). We had so much fun, I'm hoping to go again soon ;-)

      Delete
  4. I think you are secretly training for the Mule Olympics! Something you would obviously take in your stride as you did here, well done. You made me feel exhausted with all that over, around, through and everything...phew! I need a rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the Mule Olympics would be great! I would definitely enter all the classes, no problems for such a talented mule :-)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great accomplishment...and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun is definitely the name of the game, unless it's fun, happy and teaches us something we're happy :-)

      Delete
  6. LOVED this post, what fun and looked like it was a nice day weather-wise, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day to have so much fun, we enjoyed ourselves immensely! Thanks for stopping by it's always nice to know when people like our posts :-)

      Delete
  7. Such a great idea. I've heard of it but I don't think Trigger would be up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so much fun! Very welcoming and you can start at whatever level you're comfortable with, there were others whose horses were not so keen and just did a few of the obstacles which was fine too. Maybe one day??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful I am so glad that you are a Mule Ambassador. You show everyone how smart and lovely mules are and not stubborn at all.

    I know that you've had a lot of work to show off like this.
    A job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Val! I love showing off and proving that we mules are smart not stubborn, a well kept secret it seems as everyone is always sooo surprised. Any excuse to keep having fun like this though :-)

      Delete