Sunday 28 July 2013

It's the taking part....


….. that counts! 

Dearest Muleteers I was not to be outdone by Dragon’s expeditions and decided to order a Roller Mobile for the weekend and went off for my very own big adventure.  And what an adventure it was……

I practiced my boarding manoeuvres on Saturday to check that my trailer was fit for a Roller.  In to my trailer I hopped with a carroty treat to make it worth my while, I had the whole thing to myself!  Wow!

Sunday morning came and the humans were up early…. Must be my big day!  Even Granny Human has come to inspect my transport.


Up and in I go, wow lots of nice straw and hay and the whole thing all to myself, I don’t even have to share with The Mini, I could get used to this!

A little while later, much hay munched and some interesting sounds from outside and I ‘arrived’.  Oh my goodness there are horses everywhere, mostly bigger than me and lorries that look like palaces, I think I’d get lost in them!  OK time to get down to the important stuff and find out what this foreign grass tastes like.  Yep I’ll do this while you make me even more handsome.


Even Milo is trying to get in on the act….this is my show pups



Lots of grooming and stuff and then FH got all dressed up in some outfit with a ridiculous hat…. Hope she doesn’t try that on me!  I was also preened with a beautiful new bridle and lead rein.  I thought I’d strike some poses…..



Just a minute FH it’s time for more grass, I missed a bit over here!


What’s that we have to go in the ring and wander around a bit…. I guess I can manage that….




Look at all those minis just like me, aren’t they pretty and handsome?


I did a bit of trotting and standing (I got ants in my pants a bit, it was getting boring until FH sneaked the secret treat to me from her pocket ;-)  then a bit more trotting in circles. Do I look good or what?!


Well after more standing and walking I was given a 6th place which meant I got an orange rosette, it kinda clashed with my hairstyle but hey I kinda liked it!  Apparently if I want to win FH has to trim my beardy hairs and make my neck more solid (I think this means I need to put on ‘condition’).  Hmmmm FH is resolute that I do not need a shave and I am not going on a 'super size me' diet (darn to that last one).  Apparently she likes me natural and I’m always number one in her eyes J

After my big trotting in a circle thing (humans are weird) I went over to say hello to someone that I’d noticed…. This is my half brother!  Isn’t he handsome too?  The humans seemed very surprised that we recognised each other, we had lots to chat about, which grass tasted best, who had made the most mess in the trailer, who had the most original companion (me ;-) and how many carroty treats we’d managed to snuffle in one day.  Great to gossip!



Then it was time for the important stuff.  I let lots of small people brush me endlessly and walk me and ate lots of grass and looked handsome and won the FH rosette for best behaved, all round superstar pony – no silly hats or oiled hooves needed for this award.  I like this accolade better, best of all the prize was…… a carrot!  So there we have it, when it comes to rosettes it’s the taking part that counts but I like the special Roller award for ‘all round superstar’ – much more my thing!


Time for home, my Mini had missed me, Dragon gave me the cold shoulder for leaving her (typical woman) and then decided I was her long lost, best pal (typical mule).  I shall definitely sleep well tonight J


26 comments:

  1. Roller,this is one Granny that was SO proud of you and FH today.You met lots of firsts today,first time going in a v big trailer,going in a ring and being asked to do lots of quite hard things like trotting and standing very,very still.Then I met little people who wanted to take me for a walk and brush me! Whatever!
    Roller you deserved all the rosettes going today,you were so laid back and unruffled by it all,your philosphical take on the world does us all proud! Sleep well,lots of love from GH XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as my Granny is proud that's all that matters. I did my 'dancing' just for you. To be honest I much preferred eating the grass, being brushed by the small people and mugging you for carroty treats - a lovely family day out. Snuffles - Your Dancing Pony - Roller xxx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Roller, 6th Place was good, although I would have given you a 1st of course :) I see Milo is changing into a hairy lurcher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I was just happy to get something pretty and colourful :-) I am not sure if I could be bothered with all the bathing and trimming (hands off the beard!) to get a different coloured rosette. I would be all for the super size diet, FH says no way... sigh.... Milo pups is indeed going hairier by the day, in the pawprints of William he is furring up well :-)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That looks like many many other minis to be competing against! I do clip on occasion around the face to tidy it up for shows like this.
    But we love you and you make us proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! I sure did trot my best! I will have to talk to FH about beard trimming, maybe I am grown up enough now.... Milo is definitely worried about any beard trimming talk, can't imagine why?!

      Delete
  4. Congrats!! What an amazing pony you are! So very exciting to meet your half brother, too. What a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely time, especially catching up on the family gossip :-) We've so enjoyed hearing about yours and Shy's adventures we thought we'd better try some too, quite fun really!

      Delete
  5. You looked terribly handsome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I do my best to look good, it's a miracle I wasn't missing big clumps of hair or was covered in mule slobber. Being a mule sitter is hard work..... at least this time it was my chance to shine, and my ears looked a normal size!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, you looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I liked all the pampering, I was pretty happy to get all the attention for once, especially from the small people who petted me lots!

      Delete
  7. My dearest Roller!. I read every word in awe and in teary eyes ... you are a champion!. Your gallantry, bravery, your gentleman manners and your beauty made it all. How beautifully you pose!. You have a fabulous look in the ring and also met your half brother --a sweet and exciting day!. I agree, no need to "work up" your looks, your natural beauty is perfect!.

    How lovely the ribbon looks on your portrait. All the pictures are wonderful and moving. And, oh, dear FH, I love your great attire along that big, sweet and proud smile!. ♥

    Felicitaciones (congratulations) mis amigos!. What a big day to be part of, gracias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen, I am so proud to be a champion in your eyes :-) Although I did not achieve the heady heights of 1st place FH says I was the bestest behaved pony, no bit required, no bucking, no biting or being silly, I was happy to wander in and out of the Roller Mobile and brought smiles to many.... it really is easy when you take life in your stride (albeit a quite short but relaxed one!).

      FH says that she can't help but smile when I'm around, I seem to make her happy all the time.....I shall continue with this task, it's easy :-)

      Snuffles, eau de pony and manly whinnies - Your Roller xxx

      Delete
  8. Roller ...you handsome boy!
    Congratulations on the Otange win .
    You will always be # 1 in our book.
    We love you Roller ~ prance on proud.
    Nickers and neighs
    HONEY BEE & TINK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ladies!! If I'm No 1 with you guys I don't think I need to bother about any other competitions. The hearts and manes of such lovely ladies is all a manly mini pony could want ♥♥.

      Sending you manly whinnies, mane tosses and tail high trots - Yours Forever - Roller xxx

      Delete
  9. Way to go Roller!

    You know what you need though...

    ... a cart!

    ... harness!

    ... and blow their socks off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's an idea.... FH is desperate to get me to look good in one of those, if only we could solve the amazing hills in the area we'd give it a go. It's 'on hold' for now but maybe one day! Glad to hear you're on the mend :-)

      Delete
  10. I have to disagree with the judge. You is the bestest most handsomest boy pony there. Were they blind or something? Trim the beard.....never heard anything so silly.
    Your bro though he is nearly as handsome as yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bro is not bad is he, pretty handsome....obviously runs in the family. I declare that natives are supposed to be hairy.... and I'm sticking to it. As long as my lady fans love me I need no rosette, the adoration of my fans is enough :-)

      Delete
  11. Great job Roller! What an exciting outing! Hmmm ... I'm looking at my my new "old" trailer just parked in the drive and those donkeys are looking a bit bored - maybe a wee drive soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Cynthia you should go driving with the gang. FH thought I might wonder about going in to the Roller Mobile but I loved it!! I had such a nice time.... wondering where we'll be going to next!

      Delete
  12. Well done!! The orange rosette is lovely - every colour suits your handsomeness, darling Roller.
    Lots of love from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy, I'm so pleased you like my rosette, I shall proudly display it, if I'm honest I prefer my own rosette of mud which I have plastered to my face this evening, much more 'in keeping' with my natural handsomeness ;-) Hope you're well - Roller xxx

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! Roller, you are a handsome mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Monica - welcome along! I sure tried my hardest, all that trotting and tossing my mane and looking good is hard work, I needed an extra carrot before bed last night :-)

      Delete