Wednesday 3 July 2013

Time to Start Shaving....

Greetings Wooferteers!  FH has started to make noises about my beard... she says it’s nearly time for me to start shaving like a big boy (I think she’s joking?).  I does keep reminded her I is a pups and that I am growing my beard in order to store food in for the lean minutes that she don’t feed me..... honestly I only get four meals a day and snacks, you humans is mean on the foody front.   No wonder I has to take matters in to my own paws some days!  I have developed a taste for milk cartons, snails, wood, sheep poop, pony poop, grass (if it’s good enough for the biggest dogs in the family I thought it’d be ok for me, it’s pretty tricky to eat though?) and well, ermmm anything really, the more FH tells me not to eat something the more I think she’s trying to hide it’s hidden nutritional delights! Always worth the taste test.

So there we have it, I have been growing my beard to keep me warm, store food and look distinguished (that's what MH says so it must be true?).  I have even developed some impressive ‘cheek mice’ as MH likes to call them, I reckon he is proper jealous, FH has banned him from having any, I feel well special!

I have decided though that I might stop there with my hairiness, I have discovered that to run fast I need to stay smooth in all other dimensions so I am willing my beardy fur to stay on my face and legs only... I know I look a little errrm different with my patchy coat but hey if it works? 
I have learnt what my legs are for now.... zooooommmm, blink and you will indeed miss me.  I can outpace my cloth dog easy (although his brakes are better than mine so he still gets the ball most times) and I terrify FH whenever possible with my speedy ‘beep beep’ fly pasts when she is deep in thought on our walks (hopefully she is thinking about MY next meal).
Super speedy lurcher pups!
Got it this time, haha, you won't catch me Cloth Dog!
One last important thing to report my friends.  I have been working on the posing.  My Cloth Dog is the expert at this.  He does the ‘hang dog look’ good, the ‘aren’t I handsome look’, the ‘oh my god I’m starved’ look and finally the ‘someone tell the puppy to leave me alone’ look (he doesn’t mean it, I’m sure of this).

Handsome!

Handsomer?  I'll keep trying!
Do you think I got my, ‘aren’t I handsome with this beard’ look down?  Shame I got some food on my nose.... oh well, waste not want not....

Beep, beep, zoooooom...... catch ya later fans.... or maybe not unless you can run as quick as me :-)
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Oh you are clever, handsome , and. quite funny ~ you are ! I was laughing right out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to make my fans laugh, hehe, life is so fun!!

      Delete
  2. Aww, you are definitely changing your look and getting more and more handsome every time we see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon I am growing in the mould of William.... my hero! I have a lot more hair to grow to be like him though, FH says I may stay a slightly hairy lurcher, oh well, you gets what you got I guess?!

      Delete
  3. Ah, sweet Milo, you have grown so fast!. You are each day more beautiful!. I love your royal hairiness, a distinguished lurcher with medieval ancestry. Handy catch-all, to ;-) It seems like you and Roller will be the fluffy ones across summertime. How I enjoyed the action pictures, you both look fantastic. The portraits ... they melted my heart.

    Happy wind riding! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dear Friend! I have been busy chasing the wind (and bunnies but they are too fast....), butterflies and the sun around the garden, I am perfecting my sun dial properties ;-) Such fun to be had in such interesting pastimes, it's puppy bedtime now, all that running around has made me exhausted, gotta be ready for more fun tomorrow! Woofs - Milo xxx

      Delete
  4. Great action shots....I must say looking handsome isn't easy, just ask Morris. Sometimes his handsome-ness turns into just plain silliness.
    I think the beard is distinguishing!

    Not all dogs can carry that look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am perfecting the beardy look, FH says I need to take care not to get too much stuff in it though? I thought that was a picnic, humans.... Morris would understand! Woofs xx

      Delete
  5. Great action captures! I love seeing dogs run, you can practically see their "smiles."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely smiles abound, if I come back in another life I want to be one of my dogs!

      Delete
  6. Snippet is stressing about me and the beard scissors I keep brandishing. His is worse than yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snippet's beard is magnificent, we can see why he'd like to keep it :-) Milo is only a beginner but growing fast.....

      Delete
  7. You are both absolutely gorgeous!
    With cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Judy, we are very happy to hear you like our handsome selves, every day I am trying to perfect my 'look at me, I'm king of the world look' ..... one day I shall knock that mini mule off his throne ;-) Woofs and Wags xxx

      Delete