Sunday 30 June 2013

Save The Best 'Til Last

Sunday evening had come and I had watched everyone else have their fun....

I was starting to wonder if my fly shield was making me the invisible mule?

I had tried neighbraying, I had hung around the yard a lot, I had rolled around in my most becoming fashion and had finally resorted to sulking.

When was it going to be MY turn?

Every time I asked FH she kept saying, don't worry I haven't forgotten you, wait until later.... wait until the flies have stopped buzzing and it's not quite so hot.   She promised that I would have the nicest time of all...







Dragon had gone out not once but twice.  She had not been on best behaviour on one occasion, hmmm well if you want a good mule you should look no further than my handsomeness - hint, hint!


Roller had been pampered and had a bath (I did too but that's not the point), he had also escaped like the slightly naughty pony he is.  Someone had left the fence unelectrified so he took firm advantage,  I however am perfect and would not think of doing such a thing....  see FH, pick me!


So there I was, late Sunday, everyone had been and gone, gone home for dinner, off to drink tea and eat cake.... looks like I missed my weekend fun :-(

But wait what's this?  My shield of steel has been removed and I'm all dressed up with somewhere to go!


Off we went for a lovely evening potter.  We walked to the moor gate and looked at the view, checked out the new arrival sheep and I had a spot of moorland delicacy grass.



FH said it had been a busy weekend but she couldn't let it end without the perfect walk with her perfect mini mule.  Oh yes, I like the sound of that.  FH reminisced that not too long ago I would not have been up here with her.  Apparently I would've thought this was all too exciting or scary (probably true) and tried to get loose which would not be the done thing in such a big open space.  No such problems anymore.

It's always important to sample the local delicacies when you travel.  I took this advice and snacked a while as FH sat and looked at the view.  




So eventually we had to go home as it was starting to get late.  I decided to try to pick some flowers for FH.  There was a 'little' problem though.  They were very tasty.  Mmmm I really like the taste of these flowers.  Just one little taste.  Oops I guess she doesn't want my chewed flowers.  Oh well.


So there we have it.  Maybe the best things do come to those who wait?  I sure had fun.  Hope your weekend was a good one too!



12 comments:

  1. My darling Mini, those delicacies had been waiting to be eaten at the right moment!. Sometimes the world revolves around us and a sense of being forgotten arises ... just to unfold into the perfect time for a walk in the moorland with its tasty buffet. Lovely scenery and pictures, those by the flowers are very sweet!.

    And, yes, another brave bath time --you are my hero, Mini darling!. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bath was blissful! I have decided that it is one of my very favourite things. Roller has a tendency to shuffle a bit and get bored with pampering - I am all for it :-) I am so very glad I didn't get forgotten, I think my little heart may have broken, it seems I just had to learn a little patience.... it was worth it! Neighbrays - The Mini xxx

      Delete
  2. Something tells me that your Mom could never forget to spend special time with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to make myself impossible to forget, when ever she is a little late or not paying attention I will reverse in to her for my butt scratching or will let rip with an almighty neighbray (hehe it wakes her up in the morning.... she shouldn't be so lazy!).

      Delete
  3. You all look so gorgeous in your summer coats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em, we've been trying to lose the fluff, Roller is hanging on to his belly fluff, he is sure it really can't be summer yet.... this is England after all?!

      Delete
  4. You are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't like to brag but we are rather handsome aren't we?! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful country and an even prettier mini to show it off.

    I don't know if you do these award things, but I have nominated you if you would like it.

    http://thedancingdonkey.blogspot.com/2013/07/awards-and-plagues.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks Dancing Donkey we are very honoured :-) Our very first award! I shall let the gang know!

      Delete
  6. AN interesting tale to read. I miss horses, mules and jackasses. I love dogs but horses, and donkeys are near the top of my list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Abraham! Lovely to have you join us. We love all animals here but those with long ears rule this roost! There is never a dull day when surrounded by such fun loving and intelligent creatures. Hope you'll come back and see us again soon - we can always offer ample mules with the occasional pony, cat, dog or donkey thrown in for good measure :-)

      Delete