Saturday 22 June 2013

Milliner to a Mini Mule!


Do you know how hard it is to find a hat fit for a mini mule?  No?  You do not provide to the whim of such a creature.... poor deprived you!  Oh sorry what was I saying, yes, hats!  FH has done super duper with her finding me a shield of steel to keep those midges from my body but then those nasty creatures started to eat my ears and my face... ugh!

I got all itchy and managed to cut above my eye with all my scratching, FH has tried fly fringes and bonnets to no avail, they were not manly enough for me so I trod them in the dirt.... she wasn't impressed.

So I sent her off with a bee in her bonnet (no pun intended ;-) and asked her to hunt high and low for a milliner fit for a mini.  A milliner she said, what is that?  Honestly, you just can't get the staff these days....

So I told her it was a hat maker and that I desired something in my favourite colour of mud brown that would be up to my rolling around and would not make me look girly....

Well, she did pretty well!  Look at my fine new headwear!  Isn't it brilliant?!  When it arrived in it's own personal hat bag I knew it was high enough quality for this mini, the milliner was not an amateur - hooray!  There was just one teeny weeny problem... well quite a large problem..... what are you supposed to do when you have superi-ears like this?  Never one to be concerned by such minor issues FH grasped the scissors (I gasped a little as this was my new hat....) and snipped off the ends!  Ahhhh bliss my ear tips can poke out and I can hear really well, with the addition of a tiny blob of anti fly potion on my ear tips I'm good to go!


 I've had my new hat for a couple of weeks now (some of my dedicated fans have already spied it :-)  and I have been reserving judgement before telling you all about it.  Well what can I say?  I LOVE it!

I have been testing it along with my shield of steel (aka anti midge suit) and I am pleased to report it is wonderful! For the first time ever I am totally unbothered by the midges and have a beautiful shiny coat.  FH takes my shield of steel and hat off every night for a good brush and check over (any excuse to cuddle me I think) and even she cannot believe the difference in my handsome self - I'm a new man!

Underneath that tough exterior is a rather shiny looking mini mule with no rubs and a shiny coat.  I am so pleased not to be spending so much time itching those scratches and FH is delighted that I am not threatening to push the stable over with my enthusiastic rubbing anymore.... not to mention my bottle brush tail and trashed "less than mulificent" rugs of last year.


 I have made sure that my shield of steel and hat are mini mule proof.  Look they are good to wear for dinner... what more could a mini mule want?


Happy weekend friends, I'll be spending it munching, rolling in the mud, walking with Catanian and snoozing... bliss!  Hope yours is as perfect :-) The Mini xxx





28 comments:

  1. I want a couple of those hats! Do they come in donkey size do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are brilliant aren't they! They're from www.snuggyhoods.com - sure they'd sew some extra long ears on :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Em, the Mini has tested it to destruction and passed it fit for purpose, thank goodness!

      Delete
  3. Superb shield of steel. Only a mini mule could get their own Designer Range! (and deservedly too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, maybe I should start my own label.... Couture Collection by The Mini? Another career for me perhaps?

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sweet Mini, milliners still exist to provide you with the best hat around!. I find yours of exquisite design --the fringe and those custom ear tips are muleficient!. I can imagine your bliss when the box arrived. It is fantastic what your complete armour does for your coat: you scintillate like the Milky Way, my darling, free of itch and discomfort.

    Even more, how delighted was I to realise that your superb headwear in the battle against midges resembles my armour headwear in Japanese Fencing --you are a warrior, too, Mini!.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/12_RVZ0RD9yLXaPxeBjB9o-B_ubdNsj0mbxArmQP2Cw?feat=directlink

    FH is relentless in her search of fabulous custom fits for all your needs. I think this calls for a celebration with carrot cake!. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Your shield of steel is amazing! You look just the part in that outfit... maybe I could ask FH to get me one like yours.... hmmmm where would my ears go though? I will have to ponder that!

      I sure do like the idea of being Warrior Mini, this is perfect and befits my bravery, although I have to tell you that when I got a bit scared of a huge crowd of new admirers on my walk the other day I did actually hide behind FH, perhaps a great warrior knows when to hide? There are some benefits of being small! I wonder if my new hat would also make me invisible, I must check this out.

      Hope you've had a nice weekend, neighbrays to you xxx

      Delete
    2. My dear Mini, I am sure that with FH's coutourier skills she will custom fit my shield of steel for you!. You see, a warrior is not the most boisterous one, but one who knows when to blend in with the surroundings ... what you did perfectly, Warrior Mini!.♥

      Delete
  6. That is quite the clever hat! It has everything that a mini needs to keep the pesky bugs away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Mini, your headwear is fantastic and definitely manly (no girly hats here). You look extremely handsome.
    I am so glad that FH has found something comfortable for you to wear which protects you from those nasty midges. I hope that you have been extra-cuddly to say "thank you".
    Love and cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Judy, I am very proud of my new custom designed headwear, I'm so pleased it's in this season's choice of mud shade and exhibits my features to their fullest. I have indeed been offering ample cuddles and neighbrays to FH, any excuse! I have learnt very quickly to have my rug on and hat on and off which is quite an effort as it has to slip over my head, FH always makes it worthwhile with a little scratch and a carroty treat - ahhh bliss!

      Hope you're feeling better! Neighbrays xx

      Delete
    2. We are feeling better, thank you Jxxx

      Delete
  8. You not only look stunning, you look so happy. Bugs B Gone I say

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look very handsome and rugged; like you are ready for the joust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo jousting, now that would be befitting of a warrior (mini) mule. Sounds like fun, I wonder if Catanian would like to play?

      Delete
  10. Brilliant... and he is one very handsome mini mule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may be some bias in this house but he is rather handsome :-)

      Delete
  11. GH here,a little late in the day but along with The Muleteers,Murph,Milo and last but not least Diesel here's wishing FH a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY.You fill all our lives with love,kindness and laughter and we love being part of your life.Enjoy your day,you deserve it and keep on dancing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't I lucky to have such riches in my life! No wrapped gifts are ever required (although I am thoroughly spoiled!) as I have all I need with my wonderful family, friends and of course my muleteers and animal gang. Life's riches are not what you own but what joy is in your life :-)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen, I had such a lovely time with my muleteers, some peace and quiet in an ever busier world :-)

      Delete
  13. Midges are mad nuisances aren't they ... we are so glad you have your armor and hat of steel. Miss Mini Mule.
    Me, mini horse extrodinaire ,Honey Bee, can handle all bugs ...but my Shetland stablemate Tink is the sensitive type ~ she is sporty in steel shields too.
    Happy Trails and swingy tails,
    Honey Bee and Tink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Tink, I know how she feels! At least with our shield of steel we are nearly invincible, thank goodness for fabric and sewing - phew!

      I send Tink manly neighbrays and Roller is sending HoneyBee appreciative snuffles ;-) xx

      Delete