Monday 17 June 2013

Every Queen Must Find Her King

A throne befitting Queen Catanian
Greetings Miaowleteers!  Those equines have been keeping the blog all to themselves but today I have managed to get my paws on it.  It is only befitting that a Queen should get the chance to address her subjects.  As Queen Catanian of the Queendom Muleteer I wish you good evening!

There are many advantages of being the Queen.  I am always the first to be fed and unlike my hoofed subjects I can go wherever I please, no chance of fencing this kitty cat in!  I have so many acres of farmland, moorland and lanes to roam but I am rarely to be found far from my Queendom, I am most happy when I'm with my Muleteers and enjoy watching my subjects benevolently.

There are two things that a Queen must have.... one is a King and the other is a throne!

As I am a thrifty Queen I am keen to save on expenses wherever I can (except when it comes to my kitty cat food) so I have come up with an ingenious solution.  What if my King can also be my throne?

I summonsed The Mini and commanded him to assist me in my quest...

Oh yes!  This is perfect, Queen Catanian approves of her throne, it is always warm and cosy and I can converse with my King on matters of Queendom importance... I name thee King Mini!

Do I make this throne look good?


A Queen must also have a soft, soft bed to lay on.  As befits my majestic place in life I must have a day bed and an evening bed.  You never know when the need to sleep may overcome you.

A Queen has the right to claim any area of her kingdom that she desires!  So here I have decided that I should like to sleep in the Muleteers straw, no nibbling now my subjects, not when your Queen is in residence.


Finally when night falls and I have finished prowling my Queendom I take up my place in my Queenly night bed.  Here I am all tucked up in my bed, the minis think this is their stable, they are incorrect it is the Queen's Palace. 


When I have dreamed a while I often need a snuffle and pampering so I call upon my King to join me.  Mini comes to stand over me and is rather partial to snuffling and grooming me when I'm dozing in my Queen's Palace.  When FH first saw this on her peeking camera she was so worried, would The Mini stand on me, did he mean me harm? What a silly human, of course he didn't for a King only wishes his Queen to be happy.  What a lucky Kitty Cat Queen I am!



So my dearest subjects as you can see a Queen must have her Queendom and her pleasures....  With King Mini and my loyal band of subjects I really am a lucky Kitty Cat Queen ;-)





12 comments:

  1. Your Majesty..of course all your subjects must do you bidding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you = your

      Delete
    2. Miaow! They are not always as well behaved as they might be.... I should like them to have better table manners! Alas a Queen must work with what she has :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is delightful...and adorable! So nice to see a cat so comfortable with mules. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfortable she most certainly is.... I am rather suspicious that she actually thinks she is a mule!

      Delete
  3. (curtseying) ...

    My darling little Queen, you reign sovereign over beautiful land and share your castle with very distinguished subjects. But, oh, your double-duty throne is, in fact, a unique and most marvelous conjunction of cosiness and companionship!. King Mini is as valiant as faithful, always ready in his shining armour to take Her Majesty astride. Do I see even a new bonnet to complete the royal ensemble?. Adorable!. Your loving King watches over your sleep with such tenderness ...

    Your Queendom extends beyond the moors and piskieland, it stretches over the ocean across New England in the USA. You have a loyal subject over here, too, my little Reina (Queen), always delighted to tour your castle, all chambers and wings, the royal gardens and to read about your frolicking subjects. I had been counting down the days to the beloved Royal Parade upon King Mini!.

    Viva la Reina! (Long live the Queen!)

    (curtseying) ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dearest Subject! How pleased I am to have such loyal and proper subjects. I accept your curtsey with a paw and head butt and purring delight. A Queen is so very pleased to know that her Queendom stretches far and wide :-) My Rey Valiente is both brave and handsome and also rather soft and snuggly when no one is watching (he would not like his subjects to think he is too soft...)

      My darling King Mini has indeed got a shiny new bonnet, he is rather proud of it and has been commanding the humans to take his picture, he will be showing it off soon no doubt!

      To my most faithful miaowleteer - paws, head butts and purrs xxx

      Delete
    2. To your Rey Valiente, salud! :-)

      Delete
  4. Your Majesty...since you are already well versed in Spanish...let's see if we can teach you a little Danish as well.....Længe Leve Dronningen! (Long Live the Queen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak min ven! I shall take my language challenge seriously :-) Every Queen must be able to converse with her loyal subjects. In the meantime I send you miaows and paws!

      Delete
  5. Love how your king/throne does double duty. You do look so very comfy. Not so sure how much I'd enjoy my kitty girls using me as their throne? Have to think on that. Ok, the answer is NO WAY, as I am the queen around here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dear Queen Camryn, it is only correct that there is just one Queen. Perhaps you need to persuade your Mom to find you a handsome prince? Every Queen needs a protector and confidante... and the sleepy snuggles are good too ;-)

      Delete