Friday 14 June 2013

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Silence

Dearest Muleteers, can you hear it?  Listen carefully... it's there..... ahhh the blissful sound of silence.  We've been having a busy week, the mules have been out and about, searching for Piskies, exploring and lots of other fun things no doubt they'll take mulish pride in telling us all about.  They are errrm a little noisy sometimes.  Honestly I do love my long eared pals but good grief they make a lot of noise, they're always on the go, always got lots to say.  Places to go, people to meet, neighbrays and whinny brays etc...

Is it any wonder when I have a little 'me time' that I like to day dream and reflect a little.  Think about what's been and what is to come (hopefully dinner!) My friends were out for walks and eating grass so I just had to sneak in to my stable for a little lie down to reflect, breath deeply and listen to the silence.  Hope you get time for a few minutes to yourself this weekend, sending you snuffles to help you on your way!

Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.
Francis Bacon


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hmmm our FH sympathises, she says silence is golden.... so golden it's impossible to find as it must be at the end of the rainbow??

      Delete
  2. You are a Zen Master, my dear Roller, bringing balance to a busy life. What a beautiful crisp bed you have. I wish you a weekend full of sun and delectable snacks, quiet moments sprinkled with happy neighwhinnybrays, miaows and woofs ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep things on the level, FH says if I were any more relaxed I may actually fall over, she marvels at my capacity for sleep and little naps, I do my best thinking all curled up on this lovely soft bed. I have trained FH well in the art of making the bed just as I like it, she says I am like the Princess and the Pea story but in this case The Prince and The Pea!

      Sending you snuffles, neighwhinnybrays, miaows and woofs for a wonderful weekend xxxx

      Delete
  3. Adorable photo...and excellent quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda! Nice to have you along again, I was having a lovely little daydream thinking about my philosophical Fridays.... eventually the mules returned to make noise again but the peace was lovely just for a few minutes :)

      Delete