Friday 18 October 2013

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Laughter


Hehe, haha, teehee, oops sorry you caught me laughing! I have just been making the humans laugh with my Houdini pony antics again.... there was FH calling for me, where had I gone?  FH had put us to bed, all Three Muleteers happily in our yard / stable bits, but this morning FH was a bit late getting up and well I had got bored of waiting so let myself out by ninja commando crawling under the fence (are you impressed Carmen with my ninja antics? ;-)  I know you'll appreciate them!

So I thought I’d make FH jump and sneak up behind her. I hadn’t gone far, in fact I was right next to her.... it was just a little dark.  You see I had been busy rolling in the mud for my daily mud pack, I couldn’t wait for FH to get her lazy butt out of bed (OK it was still dark but in my defence I was really itchy).  Well I have to say The Mini was most put out by my antics and told me off when we were reunited, he is such a Mummy's Boy and would never do anything wrong (secretly he was happy to see me though).  Dragon was just jealous that she couldn't join in, it's a bit more difficult for her to shift her bulk under the fence (don't tell her I said that....eek, she'll breathe fire)!
So Ta-Da!  Here I am..... FH was so relieved I hadn’t been ponynapped in the night that she burst out laughing.  Brilliant!  First task of the day is achieved!  One of our most important jobs is to make the humans laugh, when all around is falling down we promise we will still make you laugh.  Laughter is good for the soul, makes humans’ faces smile, speaks a language you can all understand whatever your nationality and just improves life in general.  Oh and in case you ever wondered.... yes animals do have a sense of humour and we do laugh.... we just tend to do it behind you humans’ backs ;-)
So here’s my quote for the day:
There's no life without humour.  It can make the wonderful moments of life truly glorious, and it can make the tragic moments bearable.
Rufus Wainwright
And some pics to make you smile!




















Have a laughter filled weekend!  I am off to plan my next Ninja Houdini Pony escapades.... oh the fun :-)




17 comments:

  1. what fabulous pics Roller. Your winter fluff is so adorable and very very impressive. I want to see video evidence of your ninja fence limbo-ing so I can practise for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zo! I try to keep the ninja limboing for when the human isn't looking with her camera... somehow she is not impressed! It's all about sinking to your knees and shuffling your butt.... you should try it, its fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh Roller, your photos did make me laugh and the second photo of you with your mane flying out...well...you look so gorgeous and cuddly that I really don't know what to say!
    You and all the Muleteers really brighten my life and bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much.
    With lots of love and cuddles from Judy in Cambridge
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to bring a smile to your day Judy, I am doing my best to stay fluffy at the moment but the rain is dampening my pony tail... alas I am still cuddly though. Sending you my very best snuffles and cuddles for a happy weekend xx

      Delete
  3. My dearest Roller,GH came calling yesterday.Dragon and Monty came to say hello over the fence but you were nowhere to be seen! Now maybe I know why,you'd gone awol but GH missed you enormously!
    GH gets up very early on a Friday and YOU my darling Roller are the highlight of my morning along with my first cup of coffee.Please behave yourself,stop escaping BUT never stop laughing!!! AND next time I come calling please come and say Hello to GH as she loves you so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest GH, I think I may have been in a daydream when you came calling... I have a tendency of falling asleep and a little like FH it takes more than a freight train to wake me :-) I shall try harder next time, I have a little secret though, a carrot wakes me from my slumber every time ;-) Snuffles and whinnies - Love Roller xxxx

      Delete
  4. Ah, my sweet ninja commando master of camouflage Roller, I am pretty much impressed by your swift techniques of endurance training!. That mud victory roll feels wonderful!. You never fail to bring a big smile and a good laugh, my dear friend. Keep flexing that handsome petite derrière :-) You are a great Poninja!

    The picture collection is precious!. Each of you is beautiful, funny, loving and very special. Oh, those moments recalled sure made me laugh once again.

    Sending you cuddles and kisses and tickles aplenty ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Carmen, I knew you would be impressed with my ninja skills! A Poninja indeed I am! I was just getting so itchy and needed to roll so thought I'd take matters in to my own hooves ;-)

      Sending you snuffles and tail swishes for a happy weekend xxxx

      Delete
  5. If you ever do come up missing tell your Mom to check my barn. My Mom would love to pony nap you!!! Great pix to smile it, couldn't pick a fav though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We reckons that you need a mini in your life Camryn... just like ME! You need to try convincing your Mom ;-)

      Delete
  6. All the pics were guaranteed to make us smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Major, we're not that good at serious, much better to do smiling :-)

      Delete
  7. Reading this late in the day, but Roller, that's a great philosophy, and the pictures prove it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann, we love goofing around and always enjoy sharing smiles :-)

      Delete
  8. Love it! The photos are great :)
    What a little sneak you are, getting out and getting muddy! But at least it ensures a nice long grooming session :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I am rather a sneak aren't I? I can be very stealthy when I want to be.... the best bit is that everyone thinks that I am the angelic one of the gang but really I like nothing better than causing mischief.... in this house it is The Mini who is the moral standard - boring ;-)

      Delete
  9. Roller ... oh my we do love laughter and your Friday philosophies of life .
    Willow says when I was a young mini I was full of filly-osiphies ... get it ??
    Snicker Nicker !!
    Your marvelous mini mare girl H.B. ~ from across the sea

    ReplyDelete