Friday 4 October 2013

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Determination

Ever feel like life is a bit uphill?  This week has been a little like molasses in winter or trudging through mud.... hard work (especially if you've got little legs like mine)!  To reach Friday and look forward to the weekend has been a little hard for us all here at Muleteer HQ.  The humans have been back to work after holiday (never a happy occurrence!) and us Muleteers are have had to cope with terrible weather and the daylight fading.  It has felt a little like the sunshine may never come back and that winter may actually have arrived without allowing Autumn through the door.

But I have a secret weapon to help me get to the end of the week and achieve my goals - sunbathing, grow more fluff for winter, eat as much as possible, climb the steep hills of Devon, look my best at all times and of course talk to you my favourite fans :-)  I have the weapon of.... DETERMINATION!

FH says I am the most determined ponio she knows, when I really, really want something there is not much that can be done to stop me reaching my goal.  OK so my goal is generally food and it's often on the wrong side of the fence, but hey with determination I can always find a way!

So it's nearly the weekend, keep focussed and whatever your goal is keep being determined - you WILL get there in the end.  Our goal for the weekend is a picnic for me, an adventure for The Mini, a ride for Dragon and some sleep for the humans with no work bother. With all that in mind I am willing everyone to stay determined with my quote for the day :-)

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino


14 comments:

  1. Sending you a bit of my own personal motto: perseverance wins all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great motto! We will remember that one :-)

      Delete
  2. You do, indeed, have the power of determination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how to use my most determined ears too...

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm molasses......sorry what else? I got sidetracked by thinking about sweet sticky stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the molasses Zo... is there anything finer?!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Roller for your determination, if you can do anything...I can do anything. Your attitude helps us people too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Val, I try to be determined and optimistic, I may be small but I am very feisty :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I try! It doesn't always work but I sure like to give it a go :-)

      Delete
  6. Have a lovely weekend, darling Roller.
    Cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! Nice to have my cuddles again - FH duly delivered them along with a lovely brush and scratch!

      Delete
  7. My darling handsome Roller, you are a most determined ninja commando pony when it comes to fences and glorious green grass beyond :-). Ah, your luxurious polar attire already looks magnificent. Bad weather brings nary a smile, indeed; the lovely Autumn needs to be given a chance. Sending you warm cuddles sprinkled with eau de sunshine ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE being called a ninja commando pony.... no fence is too big.... or indeed small and my zen like concentration means that I will always find a way :-)

      Your sprinkling of eau de sunshine truly worked and we have had such a lovely weekend, we hope you did too? FH especially enjoyed delivering your cuddles as it meant she could sneak a sniff of my eau de pony - bliss! xxx

      Delete