Monday 30 September 2013

A Neighbray Chorus!

Hooray!  The humans are back!  Phew, we are all relieved.... well ok mainly me!

It seemed like mules years that they were away, how could my FH leave me for soooo very long?  My aunties that came to look after me and the others were lovely and provided room service, ample food and loving words.  I am sorry to say I was a little stand offish.  I couldn't quite bring myself to let them scratch me or reassure me, what if they had kidnapped FH and taken her away?

But it was all ok, eventually we recognised the car arrive home with some tired humans on board.  To ensure they did not forget we were here waiting I serenaded my returning humans with my finest neighbrays, Dragon accompanied with some squawks and Catanian provided backing vocals with some miaows!  Roller, well Roller was quietly waiting in the background as would be expected.

I checked over the humans to see if they still smelt the same and they were definitely not impostors but I did decide they needed to smell more like a muleteer again so I enjoyed rubbing my head vigorously on FH's arm, hint, hint I need a scratch!

At last I could sleep easy knowing my morning neighbray chorus would be met with swift service from the food bar. To celebrate I had a lovely little snooze.

Next morning to celebrate.....

Roller showed off his ever increasing fluff! He is looking more like a polar bear every day.  Soon I shall start calling him Roller Polar.


Then I had my rug off for a little while to itch and scratch and roll around.  Surely the midges must be done biting soon?


Dragon had a little dirty protest at being left without work for a week and gave FH a very strong hint about what she thought to a saddle going on that muddy back.... hmmm, maybe not?


Then it was time for us Muleteers to forget the separation anxiety of the last week and get down to the serious stuff.... yep, eating :-)!


FH is looking forward to catching up on all our friends blogs - it may take her a while!  And finally, thank you to my Aunties who kept us in the lap of mule luxury while the humans were away, sorry for my bad manners, I will try harder next time!







17 comments:

  1. I missed you all so pleased normal service has been resumed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you too Zoe, we'll be over to yours soon to catch up on the gossip :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for being home! Ponies over hear have started their winter fluffing already, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be home, no place quite like it! Look forward to catching up on your news :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome home humans and glad to hear those neighbrays once again (even if it is only the voices in my head that I can actually hear:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DD! I reckon the Mini is so loud it may actually be him you can hear!

      Delete
  4. I imagine the humans missed you just as much if not more. By the way, I'm starting to enjoy my longear neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the long ears :) FH reckons she missed me more, I beg to differ.... she will have to prove how much she missed me by providing carrots and cuddles ;-)

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, my four commiserate with you mules (and pony!) I don't think they have all yet forgiven me for leaving for so long ... I think Dorica went into mourning and is still unsure - her human is wondering about her everyday and offering reassurances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh poor Dorica, we feel her sadness :( lots of cuddles, carrots and pears are definitely helping us forgive FH ;)

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! I can hear that serenade dear Mini :-) Fear not, you will receive a generous amount of cuddles and carrots with accrued interest!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen. We are quite taken with the extra cuddles, banana peels and ear scratches, we think FH missed us A LOT, she seems in need of the cuddles as much as us. Sending you neighbrays of affection across the water xxx

      Delete
  7. So nice to have you back!!! Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you all look adorable in your winter coats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hellew Muleteers ! Glad your peeps are back .
    Oh my Rollar Poller ~ I love you my handsome fuzzy wuzzy man.
    Prancing with love
    Your Sweet Honey Bee,
    oh yes and Tink sends love to Mini Mule Man
    and Willow says Hi and welcome home to F.H. and sends ear scratches for the lovely Dragon :)

    ReplyDelete