Sunday 8 September 2013

The Problem With Sticky Buds....

.....is they STICK!

Oh dear there I was puppyteers having a lovely run around, you see I is nearly healed from my little accident with the other dog's teeth so I had been let loose.

Come on Cloth Dog let's go looking for bunnies......

But Cloth Dog seems to have decided not to go looking in this bush, I wonder why?  Hmmmm apparently it has something to do with the sticky buds?

Don't know what they is?  FH calls it Goosegrass or Cleavers, us pups just calls it Sticky....

So I ambled through at Super Pup speed, zooooom.... errm what's that?

Oh my goodness I is covered in sticky buds, they have attached themselves to every inch of my rough coat.  Oh no, they're even in my fabulous beardy! I looks rather silly doesn't I?  Stop laughing FH, it's not fair!  And as for taking pictures of poor me, well!

Do you think I could give the mules a run for their money with my ear posture?  I has been trying hard!


I gave FH my best poor puppy dog stare and she helped me by picking every single sticky bud out of my beard.  It took A LONG time.  I might give the sticky bud plant a miss next time, then again I might be going so fast I can't stop.... any excuse for a good brush of my beard ;-)


Laters puppyteers, have a nice week!





16 comments:

  1. oooooh Milo do be careful. I love sticky buds and they are very good for us horses and I assume mules too. Make sure you dont have so many they try and eat you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I hadn't thought about them trying to eat me... they did nearly try to engulf me, thanks for the warning Zo!

      Delete
  2. Sticky buds, that is a good term Milo. Thank you. My mules get them in their tales along with burdock which makes their tails into magnificent clumps like clubs.
    They don't mind me taking the burrs out though.

    I'll tell them it is buds next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Val, our mules get them in their tails too, they don't mind them being pulled out especially if the green plant's attached... which they then eat! Strange creatures ;-)

      Delete
  3. Awwww....sweet Milo, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll sure try, I do seem to get in to these pickles....hmmmm.

      Delete
  4. Darling Milo, master of the Ears Supreme, I had never seen such a magnificent tip twist at unison!. Your profile picture is splendid, those ears are fabulous and they give you the look of the Pharaoh Hound!.

    But poor you with those sticky buds, they are annoying!. Hope that next time you stick to Murph's plan, no pun intended ;-)

    Chin rubs to you, I love your aristocratic beard!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dearest Carmen, I am so pleased that you appreciate my ears supreme! I have mastered the flop over tops and yes perhaps I was a Pharaoh Hound in a previous life, FH thinks I fit in perfectly with the gang having such expressive ears :-)

      The sticky buds were a good excuse for a lovely chin rub, thank you! Sending you licks, wags and greeting ears which meet in the middle! xxx

      Delete
  5. Ah Milo, it looks as though you have been attacked by the Little Green Men as I call them. Try to remember that even a mighty Lurcher like you can not outrun those tricky hitch hikers. Good thing you've got those super ears and FH to protect you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good name, those little green men is terribly naughty, I was happy to give them a little ride in exchange for a chin rub from FH.... any excuse! My mighty ears are a homage to my kindred souls the mules and donkeys... no wonder I fit in well!

      Delete
  6. Oh, poor Milo... I'm so glad your FH got them off you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They is all gone... ready for next time. I am now busy getting blackberry juice in my beard hair... yum!

      Delete
  7. Doesn't matter, your still a stunning pupster even covered with the sticky buds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you kind lady, I like to think of them buds as decoration, some pups have bandanas, some have clothes, others diamond collars... I is going for the country decoration look instead :-)

      Delete