Sunday 15 September 2013

Visitors From Afar....

This weekend King Mini has been happily receiving guests in his kingdom!  As you all know, these days I like new humans coming to visit me, especially when they come ready with scratches, cuddles and kind words.  So imagine my delight when one of my distant fans came to visit!  FH and Donkey Dame (her blog is here: Donkey Dame Blog) have 'known' each other for a while and have happily exchanged donkey stories and news over the virtual grapevine.   They have never actually met though as Donkey Dame lives in Canada which apparently is mules miles and quite a swim away (I can't manage it with my petite legs although FH reckons I'd be quite buoyant?! Hmmm).  So when we heard that Donkey Dame and her significant other were visiting our fair (read windy and wet!) shores we pleaded with them to come visit.  

FH got first dibs and showed Donkey Dame around where she works... enough long ears to satisfy any donkey addict apparently, alas not many mules to see!  So in the interests of fairness we invited our guests to Muleteer HQ, hoping they could look past the mud and slight untidiness!

Us mules are good judges of character and we liked these visitors A LOT!  The others tried to push in on the meet and greet duty... Roller snuffled a bit before going back to eating and Dragon introduced herself to the men in the party.... not long though before I persuaded them this was my party and I was definitely The Host.


So I endeared myself with lots of rest on shoulder snuffles, some reversing for bottom scratching and a little nudging.  The Donkey Dame was entirely impressed by me I could tell.... do you think she would like a mini mule to add to her herd?  Come to think of it what would FH do without me?  Hmmm maybe I could go for short holidays if I concentrate and get a pilot's license?

I duly posed for photos with my most honoured guest and FH, I know that my visitors really travelled all this way just to see me and my mulificent ears... I do not believe what FH says about these folks being on holiday and having work plans.... whatever, I know the truth!  Who wouldn't travel half way around the world to pet King Mini?!





19 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun. If either of you are ever in NY, I hope you stop by. I know you could make it Mini, I have faith in you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying my best to earn that pilot's license DD.... only problem is I'm a little scared of heights.... it may be that as I'm so small I don't see heights very often.... hmmm. Just imagine what fun Ramsey and I could get up to ;-)

      Delete
  2. I can't think of anything better than spending time with mules (or donkeys) on vacation!!! I wonder if Donkey Dame is going to the Donkey Sanctuary too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe Donkey Dame spent some time at The Donkey Sanctuary.... a splendid place if we may say so.... no wonder her and FH had soooo much to talk about!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful way to spend a vacation I think too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're my kinda girl Camryn, humans should spend every waking minute with us equines, including holidays, then they would be a happier species :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. A great time was had by all, especially me... I got two ladies to scratch me and pamper me - awesome :-)

      Delete
  5. I love it when bloggers can get together. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant! We are now lucky enough to have met two human bloggers and one canine, very exciting!

      Delete
  6. King Mini you certainly would be the highlight of my vacation , well you and the whole crew !!
    So glad fellow bloggers that are so many miles apart get to meet every now and again.
    Best,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such fun, lovely when you feel like you 'know' someone and they turn out to be just how you imagined :-)

      Delete
  7. My darling Mini. it is so nice to meet your fans!. What a great moment for all of you. I love how the King poses with his ladies!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King Mini enjoys posing with his loyal subjects.... the scratches were rather nice too! Sending you neighbrays of greeting! xxx

      Delete
  8. Wow humans travelling all that way just to meet you. What an allure you must have. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say Zo, my charm and handsome allure must be amazing! Crossing oceans just to see me..... ;-)

      Delete
  9. It is so much fun to meet fellow bloggers! You look like you guys were having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such fun, lovely to meet others with similar passions!

      Delete
  10. Oh what an honor it was for ME to meet everybody at Muleteers HQ! Really a highlight of our trip and much too short a visit - I was very sad to say good-bye! Mini, you really captured my heart (as did the humans!) Sending you HUGE hugs from the distant shores of Canada's west coast (don't try to swim or fly Mini, we'll keep in touch this way!)

    ReplyDelete