Wednesday 31 July 2013

No Bull Mule

I had high hopes this evening of some fun.

Maybe a ride?  But no... FH said as it was raining I had managed to plaster myself with sticky, wet mud and there was no way my finest mule saddle was going near that mud pack.

That was ok though because FH took me for a walk, I am practising that agility, obedience stuff on her so it was a good chance to show her some moves.

So off we pottered up the lane to check on the hedge growth, the neigh-bours and the weather, FH says these last two topics are what most people chat about, so it's not just us mules then?

Catanian decided she needed a walk too, she has been hiding away in her cat palace as she didn't want to get her paws wet but a little persuasion and she was ready for a hike.  That kitty cat is game!



So I tested out the hedgerows and munched on the hogweed, think this should be called 'mule weed' I like it so much, FH says I could be a giraffe in disguise in that first pic, well how rude!


Catanian started out well but then realised quite how wet it was, she was miaowing and complaining but wouldn't go home on her own, she decided the best place to hide was on the human's feet as she could make the most of her coat overhang!



Nearly home and I spied some newcomer neigh-bours.  Hey boys, how you doin'?


Well really anyone would think you'd never seen a mule before, don't stare it's rude!



Mmmm.... that grass near you looks really good to eat, don't mind if I snatch from under your wet noses do you?


Yeah, yeah Catanian I know it's wet and you're not happy and sat there all cat like and sulky but I'm like busy chatting up these boys....


Hey there boys, no wonder you are stunned by my mulificence, think you need some better ears though.


Check out my finest half-ass!

Check out my half-ass!
Nah, looks like there's no bull in this field, all about the bull-ettes I think.  FH says I'm a terrible flirt, not fussy and an embarrassment to mulettas everywhere..... whatever, I am just keeping up with the neigh-bours.  

Time for home Catanian we don't wanna be around when the real bull arrives......









16 comments:

  1. Oh Dragon you are wonderfully bold , chatting up your nabes and yanking the good stuff right our from under their noses ... hee hee .
    We know if they came to visit you would invite them to lunch in your field ? ~ so only fair you invited yourself for a bite in theirs, as they were obviously too dumb founded by your beautiful ears .
    Dragon you had them speechless.
    You certainly had us stamping our feet in glee at your antics.
    Trot on Dragon
    You are the best.
    Your friend H.B. mini horse and Tink the Shetland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlfriends! I should invite those bull-ettes over for a party and then show them the door in the morning, don't want them eating ALL my grass! Us ladies gotta keep the boys in line and interested ;-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Dragon, you are such a flirt! But with your good looks and charming personality, it's not surprising! I am sure that the "bull-ettes" enjoyed your visit.
    With cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I am rather naughty aren't I? FH says I'm a terrible flirt....oops! I just have to flutter my long lashes and those boys were putty in my hooves, it comes naturally ;-) Sending you ear waves!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous. I like the way you ate the grass right in front of them. You truly are D-mule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us E-quines gotta put those Bo-vines in their place. D-Mule is doing my best! Trot on Zo!

      Delete
  4. No fear mule! You are awesome.
    Wish you could meet our Dexters with their long horns! They are pretty nice.
    Thank you for wishing Siera a speedy recovery. Mules are VERY tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love checking out the local talent! I loooove Dexters, we got some nearby that I visit with and they're quite cute, FH says if we ever get bovines they will be Dexters, need more land first though, they are not sharing my grass!

      So glad my girlfriend Siera is feeling better, us mules gotta stick together.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful!!! Seeing the cows reminds me of a video I shared on my blog quite a while back. It was about musicians serenading cows. Wow, were the cows ever gracious and attentive! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda, thanks for your comment, those cows sure were interested and pretty desperate to be nosey, we visited with them again this evening, they are definitely impressed with me, I can tell! I don't mind them admiring my pretty self ;-)

      Delete
  6. How I would love to walk Opal the donkey along the hedgerows and visit with cows. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun, I was so pleased to be out and about especially as I had got myself rather grubby and couldn't be ridden! Walks are good :-)

      Delete
  7. How lovely, dear Callie. Your neighbours look delighted to make your acquaintance; those beautiful curious big eyes were all on you, muletta hermosa. I like how you came close to exchange pleasantries. Your derrière is something to be admired, too, of course!.

    The brave little Queen defied the elements to come along. What a nice stroll for a rainy day. The pictures are wonderful!.

    Cuddles and headbutts to mis hermosas amigas ♥


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen, such adventures we had with our bovine friends, I think Catanian and I brightened there day. There they were bored and wet and being boyish so I thought muletta hermosa should catch their eye. There was one to start with and soon there were eight all peering at me! FH was a little worried that only a tiny gate latch was keeping them contained, I wasn't worried though, I am a brave mule and would protect her, besides they only wanted to say hi, I can't blame them ;-)

      Top lip wobbles, head butts, whinniebrays and miaows xx

      Delete
  8. Today I did something important with Siera and I had to share in your comments. We went hiking into the creek and...she did not believe that the little creek was going to EAT her.
    She played in the water.
    On foot and lead is such a different world...you taught me something very very important for this odd mule of mine and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome, we're delighted to have helped. Secretly FH likes walking with mules as much as riding them, somehow the sharing is different but no less exciting. Siera is a superstar and we love hearing how she is - enjoy your weekend, we bet there'll be some hikes, and Morris now has another hiking pal :-)

      Delete