Wednesday 10 July 2013

Grass Tinted Spectacles

Hey everyone, today I am mostly seeing the world through grass tinted spectacles....mmmmm green! 

I have been having problems with those pesky flies on my eyes, they kept trying to drink my mule tears, nasty things don’t they know my eyes are not their drinking fountain?! 

So FH kept bathing and wiping and fussing (don’t tell anyone but I like it when she fusses with my eyes, I love having my face stroked when no ones looking, must keep up my fierce exterior though) and despaired. 


Then she found this fly mask, made some alterations for my mulificent ears and here I am!  She even picked the one with a green grass tint, excellent.
 
I am a big fan of my fly mask, The Mini is pleased because he reckons I’ve ‘copied’ his fashion trend – whatever!  Even Roller has been having a mask on when the flies are really bad, I honestly thought he had enough hair for the job, seems he needs to grow a bit more hair – heaven forbid.

There is definitely an advantage of this fly mask thingy (in addition to the obvious).  It makes all my world seem green and lovely and gives me shade.... a perfect eye mask for a little snooze.

What better way to spend the day than having a little bite to eat and than a lie down?  Nope, FH I am not getting up.... you can either put that thing down and sit with me or go away... I'm happy in my green haze thanks (she obeyed and stroked this Queen Dreamer).

Stay cool Muleteers and remember your sunglasses!
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I think you are very lucky to have this fly mask and I am sure it will be helping you. Oh boy! isn't it HOT!! Not complaining though, we have needed this for a long time ツ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo hot, we mules are fine as we're part desert animals, poor Roller is melting and not happy.... he is wishing for snow, sadly I don't think he'll be getting much, we say sun please stay!

      Delete
  2. You are one super cool mule. Don't worry your secret is safe with me I won't tell anyone you are not really fierce. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for keeping my secret.... I wouldn't want my humans to think I was soft on them or anything....

      Delete
  3. FH loves you all very much for taking such good care of you! I love your sweet, I mean fierce, eye in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess FH must like us a little bit, our headwear and sun protection is superior to hers, maybe I should lend her my mask - nah her ears are not superior enough!

      Delete
  4. You guys all look very well protected. I gots my mask on too, it's gold like me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, a gold one?! I think I shall be sending FH to the store, I wants one too! Glad to har your human has appropriately kitted you out, gotta keep them shopping!

      Delete
  5. Ah, my darling Callie, those pesky flies are a nuisance!. Not even Roller's fabulous mane can fend them off :-( I see that now you three are fully armoured for the summer battle.

    FH keeps showing the superb skills of a couturiere extraordinaire; she should open a Long Ears Bonetería (millinery)!.

    On the bright side, you now enjoy a view as green as the most delectable and forbidden grass --ah, sweet dreams. I love your long beautiful lashes, your silky coat and your lovely Cruz del Sur all aglitter. Hermosa (pretty)!.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are a nuisance those buzzy things, I know all of nature's creatures have a place but could flies not find one other than on me? FH is most excited about a Long Ears Boneteria, she thinks she could make pink ones (I like this idea), brown ones (for the muddy boys!), gold ones.... oh the list is endless and exciting!

      I have been busy sun bathing today making sure my Cruz del Sur is as shiny as possible, the suns rays glint on it and even The Mini is impressed, Roller is enchanted by me as I'm so Hermosa ;-) Whinnybrays to you xxx

      Delete
    2. I see a colourful future in this entrepreneurship!

      Delete
  6. Awwww....very sweet! I absolutely love donkeys and horses...and although I have never "met" a mule in person, I feel as though I have thanks to this blog. Thanks so much for sharing, your posts make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always very welcome Linda, if we can raise a smile in just one of our blog friends our job is done. When you have such amusing, loving and interesting characters to write with the rest is easy :-)

      Delete
  7. Yes the flies are an issue here too. But most of our beautiful mule will simply pull the other mule's mask off and tear it up for fun and games.
    I have one for use though and sometimes a separated mule will get it.

    Today I separate Siera and wean her from her buddies, time for her to get back to training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news about the Siera training, looking forward to hearing about lots of your rides! I am so surprised that the muleteers do not pull each others masks off, I am thinking it probably has a lot to do with the difference in size between the mules and the fact that little Roller would find playing with The Mini's too much like hard work!

      Delete
  8. I wish Trigger would wear one....one of his eyes is looking a bit sore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flies are causing more problems than ever with eyes this year... I was convinced the mules would hate their masks but both practically beg to have them on, the long ears sure help to keep them in place!

      Delete
  9. I think that's a great idea... funny, there aren't many in my neck of the wood who use masks... but they look so useful!

    ReplyDelete