Friday 21 February 2014

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Happy


Greetings Fellow Philosophers!  Today I have decided to sit down on the job.... well thinking is hard work isn't it?  But actually thinking today was really quite simple because I was thinking about being happy :-)  


There are so many things in our lives to be happy about, in fact there are so many that it's hard to think of them all... but a few for today are:

1/. Carrots are yummy and we get a fairly constant supply
2/. Spring is on the way, if I look really close there are little green shoots on some of the plants! Mmmmmm.....
3/. The rain has stopped a bit this week, not torrential anymore just a drizzle and the sun has had his hat on a little bit too!
4/. It's Friday so nearly the weekend and I've been promised an extra long groom to rid me of my itchy scratchy coat.
5/. Our humans are happy, FH is busy expanding as she grows me my new rider and MH is busy decorating for the new arrival.... the nursery is shades of chocolate - that way the mud won't show and we'll all be 'happy' ;-)
6/. We have family, friends, health and beauty all around us.... how lucky are we?

So in celebration of happiness and wishing everyone a lovely weekend here is my favourite quote for the day!

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down 'happy'.  They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
John Lennon





16 comments:

  1. Oh Roller you've made one GH very happy with those lovely thoughts first thing on a Friday morning.
    You've given me a great big smile to start my day.
    Here's hoping that nasty rain keeps away,the carrots keep on coming in plentiful supply,and people take a few minutes to think of the things that make them happy and treasure those thoughts.Love to all the gang.GH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending snuffly kisses your way GH, always happy to raise a smile :-)

      Delete
  2. Good idea to keep a log of those happy things. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Roller! That pic of you is adorable - fuzzy wuzzy cuddle toy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe my humans agree that I am a fuzzy wuzzy cuddle toy, who needs a teddy bear when you got me around :-)

      Delete
  4. Roller, my darling, just the sight of you makes me happy. Your wise words on a simple yet fulfilling life are always inspiring. Adorable pose!. I agree with the choco-themed nursery :-)

    Recently, I watched a documentary about John Lennon's childhood and how his mother influenced him artistically. Then, the quote. So simple and true.

    Sunny wishes to you all, my beautiful friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Carmen, your sunny wishes came true today! We had a delightfully sunny day, thank you :-) Sending you weekend snuffles and neighbrays xxx

      Delete
  5. Sweet Roller - it makes me very happy to read about you and your lovely friends, and to look at adorable photos like the one you posted today. Thank you.
    I hope that you have a lovely weekend.
    With love and a scratchy for your coat from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo the itchy scratchy was delivered with glee, I dutifully return it with snuffles and cuddles! Sending you fluffy wishes for a sunny weekend xxx

      Delete
  6. Lots to be happy for! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Roller, Thank you for sending that adorable photograph. I have battled with internet problems the past two days (scream) and a grumbling disc in my neck doesn't help ............ yet I feel more restored to peace and sanity at finding your wonderful self awaiting in my inbox than if I had munched my way through copious chocolates and at least one bottle of wine. I just love the pic of you rolling - and any 'rear of the year' shots are always welcome - but today's has to be one of my very favourite pictures. Love and hugs to you all, Susan from Cambridge (suburbia, alas) xx p.s. It was my dear friend, Judy (Cambridge) who introduced me to you all - thought I should tell you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susan, I'm so pleased to spread a little cheer, FH agrees that this is one her very favourite pics of me too! We're so pleased that Judy has sent you along to join us, we love sharing our little adventures with our friends and lovely to know that you're there. We all sending you healing snuffles and neighbrays for your sorely neck. Have a lovely weekend xxx

      Delete
  8. Rollie ! Oh you have the right idea my love .
    You look so wonderfully fuzzy wuzzy these days .
    I have been hiding a bit in my stall as the snow has been up to my nose .
    I am so ready for Spring, but it hasn't found us yet !
    Seeing you has cheered me right up .
    Give soft head rubs to FH for us all here at the farm.
    Love,
    Your Mini Mare Extrodinare ~ Honey Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dearest HB, mini mare extraordinaire! I'm sending you warming snuffles, tickly breaths and manly whinnies to brighten your day. Spring will soon be here my love, I spied the sunshine again today and am willing it to come and warm you very soon.

      FH says thank you for her head rubs, I dutifully delivered them to her and my future riding companion bump :-)

      Yours with Love - Roller xxx

      Delete
  9. That's one of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete