Saturday 20 April 2013

Cat and Mules

Miaow, Dragon, I'm bored!  

The mice have all run away and there's no one to play 'Cat and Mouse' with.  

Please will you play with me?  We could make a new game called 'Cat and Mule'! You'd love it!


No Catanian, go away I'm eating!!  Can't you see I have important things to do!


Fine then I'll go and play on my own..... those mules like rolling around, I'll give it a go too!


It's no good I'm still BORED!


Oh come on Dragon, stop standing there stuffing your face, a minute on the lips an inch on the hips remember!  I'm bored and I'm just gonna keep annoying you til you play with me!



"Oh for Goodness sake Catanian!  OK, OK, what are the rules of the game?"

"Well Dragon it's like playing chase, today I'll be the mouse and you can be the cat (confusing hey?!), you need to try and catch me and I'll try to get away!"


Hmmm, sounds quite easy, I can catch that pesky cat!


Come on Dragon, ready, let's go!!  What do you mean you can't catch me up here? 


That's the idea!  The game of Cat and Mule is impossible.....for once I get to be the hunted and hah!  You Can't Get Me! ..... What do you mean you don't wanna play anymore?  We've only just started!


Come back here kitty cat!! You're not supposed to be running away to the other side of the fence where I can't get you..... I am not impressed at this game.  We mules are not outsmarted often!  If I could somehow get over this gate I'd catch you!


Hehehe, that got the mule angry!  Oops!  

It's interesting to know what it feels like to be the mouse and just sit tantalisingly out of reach ;-)  I seem to have found myself in the fire pile, yikes, best get out of here quick before Dragon gets over here and starts breathing fire..... I might be in trouble then!


Here's to my new game Cat and Mule - how to frustrate your long eared friends in one easy step..... I did rather enjoy it ;-)


15 comments:

  1. Well, now I know why Maizee tries to annow Camryn. She's bored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing more mischievous than a bored kitty cat!!

      Delete
  2. Oooooh Dragon looking very scary in some of those pics.....and utterly adorable in others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragon is the queen of jekyll and hyde.... fierce and cuddly all at the same time - typical woman :-)

      Delete
  3. I had a good laugh from these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them Mary Ann - I had so much fun taking them, this lot never cease to raise a smile :-)

      Delete
  4. Hee hee our barn cat likes to aMEWs herself with playing games witty our minis too lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Love the aMEWs! Animals definitely have a sense of humour - I'm sure of it!

      Delete
  5. Ah, my darling little Queen, what your Kingdom would be without amusing games?. Loved the pictures!. I think FH could take a good hint from your persuasiveness ... take a good roll on the dirt before asking Callie to change her agenda ;-) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have told FH about the rolling in the dirt and she's willing to give it a try..... she is even more strange than I thought ;-) She says if it's good enough for us Muleteers it's good enough for her!

      Delete
  6. Oh how fun! That was great, love it.
    It is snowing a white out here...gosh, wished I'd been able to take a mule out in the muddy muddy woods...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, snow in April that's not good! Hoping you get some well deserved mule rides soon :-)

      Delete
  7. Happy Earth Day today, mis amigos! Feliz Día de la Tierra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos and little story! You have such a fun site. I never knew muleteer was a word until I met my partner who hired a muleteer to help get his family over the Himalayas. Sturdy animals. He said they were the best part of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! Those of us 'in the know' about mules appreciate their character and sturdiness, they are the most amazing animals, I'm lucky to live life surrounded by such wonderful creatures :-)

      Delete