Sunday 7 April 2013

Girls Day Out!

Lovely in Lilac!
Finally!  It's happened!  My hints have paid off and FH has got me a girlie coloured bridle, I'm so overjoyed :-)  Imagine my delight when FH brought out a brand new bridle for me in lovely lilac, wow this should have all the boys swooning!  A girl has got to look her best you know.  I'm so pleased with my bridle, some of my human friends kept thinking I was a boy!  Can you believe it?! This ought to give them a fair hint....

So sisters what do we do when we have a new outfit to wear?  We call up our girl friends and invite them out, that's what!!   I called up my short eared friends Breeze and Chance who brought along their human (so that FH didn't feel left out) for a ride.









The breeze was blowing, the sun was shining and I was ready to go!  So girls where are we off to today??


We had a chat and decided on a potter around the lanes to check out the new lambykin arrivals and then down to our favourite spot at the river for some splashing about, this is our version of a session at the spa.  Blah, blah, blah those humans can talk...... what's the best way to make them shut up?? Splash a lot, drown them out and soak them - hehe!



We had a splashing good time, Breeze looks so pleased with herself for completely soaking her human, I did try not to get FH too wet, secretly I didn't want to ruin my brand new lilac bridle.


Do you think it shows off my mulificent ears well?


Once we'd splashed to our hearts content we started the trail home, along the lanes, by the railway line, past the lambykins, past the posh riding school, past a few short ears and up some rather steep hills!  Most of the way around all I could hear was the humans chattering away, but then it all went quiet and there were some sounds from FH's electronic thingy.... the reins were even more like washing lines than normal and I realised that my mulificence was being videoed!  FH reckons it is only fair to invite others to share my beautiful mobile ears from the vantage point of my saddle.  She says that they are mesmerising and amazingly busy listening for everyone and everything!  Well I have to listen to FH, listen for cars behind, cars in front, check what my short eared friends are up to and listen to the gossip from all the animals behind the hedgerow, it's no wonder my ears are busy FH when they've got so much to do!

So here's the view from onboard, made even finer by my lovely lilac bridle!


After a good couple hours, a few miles, lots of gossipping, many litres of water sloshed about, a good amount of showing off of my bridle and five worn out girls the day out was over..... back to those boys of mine who were lazing around as usual.... thank goodness for Catanian!


14 comments:

  1. You chose a great colour for your bridle, it suits you well. I hope the others weren't too jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I am soooo glad it was a girly colour, FH has a tendency to buy brown and black.... now all I have to do if persuade her that my saddle needs to be lilac and I'll be ecstatic!

      Delete
  2. You look very dashing in lilac - for some reason everyone thinks Treacle is a gelding too.. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why everyone always thinks mules are boys :( and they always think the mini is a foal!! Oh well at least we know better!

      Delete
  3. Great color on you. Makes you look very springlike and festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camryn, I certainly felt very smart in it, alas no handsome admirers to show it off to, the minis didn't seem impressed....

      Delete
  4. Very pretty colour. Lucky you. You look so lovely wearing it. I am quite jealous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zo! You must petition your owner to buy you one too.... it's taken me over a year but at last it arrived, no more brown for me :-)

      Delete
  5. So pretty! I am very happy that you got to go and show it off! What a fun trip you had. Loved the videos, thanks for letting us come along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! Always good to go out with your girly pals, especially when you're looking your best :-)

      Delete
  6. My dear Callie, you are a pretty lavender lady in your lilac headwear. Great colour!. Loved the splashy adventures and all the interesting things you heard. Your ears move in graceful rhythm, your mane shines like glossy onyx --Hermosa Muletta! ♥ That sunny scene upon return is glorious!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would appreciate my mulificent lilac outfit! I was so very proud to show off my new colours, even if the boys didn't look too impressed I'm sure they were really... they are rather cute aren't they?! Neighbrays for a good week xxx

      Delete
  7. You look gorgeous!
    Cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I love the lilac look, next I'm hoping for hot pink but FH thinks that might be a step too far.... the cuddles have brightened my evening - Callie xxx

      Delete