Saturday 19 April 2014

The Orange Loving Mules!

Squawky, neighbrays, eeyore-whinny….. ermm FH come here with that orange will you!  

Mules love oranges!
We like oranges - A LOT! Well actually I like the sweet juicy inside bit and The Mini likes the sour outside peel, well of course that's the right way round girls and sweet and boys sour?!

No, no, no, not the peel, it's not what I want!


That's better the sweet juicy bit, hmmm must try to miss the fingers, best not bite the hand that feeds me...


Hang on a minute, I didn't think sharing was on the agenda, The Mini is after my orangey goodness

So do mini mules, hmmm!

And so it seems is FH.  Disgraceful behaviour! There's no point trying to hide the fact that you've just eaten most of my orange FH. Bashful you many look, indeed!


What do you mean it's all gone!  Just one job left to do, slurp, slurp lick those sticky fingers clean. Mmmm, mmmm, gently does it but oh it tastes nice :-)

Pretty orange mule highlights

I've got to say I rather like these orangey things, and don't you think it has brought out the carroty highlights in my nose?  I'm starting to shed my wintery fluff, the humans say I'm looking more like a pretty princess than a prehistoric pony? I think there's a compliment in there somewhere?

Have a squawking good weekend friends!

Dragon xxx

p.s. FH says we have to tell you that this is a real treat and not something we're allowed regularly…. boohoo!

15 comments:

  1. Wow you lucky kids! Mine get apple cores and carrots once in a while. Never have they had an orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Silly Shy spits oranges back out! She is not a fan of citrus. But she will eat a banana, peel and all. Dragon is looking very pretty this spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Shy will learn to love although we think it may be a mule thing, Roller is not with the citrus thing either!

      Delete
  3. Dragon you are looking downright gorgeous with you carroty highlights !
    Oranges are one of my favs too.
    The girls send their love
    ( psst don't tell them I said so BUT they are still looking a but like prehistoric ponies at the moment )
    Hugs to you all,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prehistoric ponies or not the boys send their undying loving neighbrays and whinnies :-)

      Delete
  4. I've got a TERRIBLE joke for you Dragon:
    Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    Orange
    Orange Who?
    Orange you going to give me some of that!

    See I told you it was a TERRIBLE joke.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrible…. but I may have to try this on the humans, maybe they will get so tired of the joke they'll give in?!

      Delete
  5. How sweet! Lovely photos...your mules are gorgeous. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Linda, they are a source of endless pleasure! Hope you had a lovely Easter too xx

      Delete
  6. Mmmmm yum. I have you at muleteer HQ to thank for introducing me to the delights of the orange and satsuma. Wonder if FH was trying to give your new foal a taste of orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yikes we've just realised we'll be having to share our rations with the Human Foal when it's weaned… although that might lead to some extra begging opportunities?!

      Delete
  7. Everyone deserves a little treat now and again. Looks like you really enjoyed that orange! I fed a very friendly wallaby called Charlie some pears and banana on Thursday - a treat for me as it was my birthday and a treat for Charlie as he loves pears and bananas.
    What about Roller - did he have an apple?
    Lots of cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh happy, happy belated birthday Judy! What a fantastic birthday treat…. we love bananas and pears too, Charlie has impeccable wallaby fast :-) We are sending you belated birthday snuffles, ear waves, whinnies and miaows xxxx

      Roller in his inimitable fashion took every opportunity to hoover up the fresh grass while the mules were otherwise 'entertained' and then had his special Roller treat later on - orange treat of the correct variety in carrot form, he is not a fan of oranges!

      Sending you Easter wishes xxx

      Delete
  8. Delicious treat!. Oh, those velvety muzzles and dreamy eyes ... a treat for me :-)

    ReplyDelete