Wednesday 29 May 2013

Wood You Like?

Mmmm tasty!  Wood you like some of my tree to eat?  I love this time of year, the humans start to chop the garden about and this often means lots of tasty mule food for me! 

Today's tasty treat was a bundle of ash branches!  MH decided that the tree needed a prune as it has been dropping branches in the wind terrifyingly close to his diesel powered mule.  He was not impressed (the only thing worse could have been branches falling on his proper mule ;-)

He climbed high, I neighbrayed encouragement!  That's right I'll eat those tasty branches, bring them over here!








I couldn't believe my luck a veritable woody feast. 


I had many hours of delicious fun picking the young ash leaves from the branches and then started chewing on the twigs before launching in to some heavy duty bark stripping.  I did share with my minis a little but decided that the best tactic might be to stand guard over my branch so that it couldn't be stolen away.....


I'm off to inspect the garden to see what else I can demand MH chops down.  He is always happy to bring his favourite mule gardening cast offs after approval from FH (she's a meany and won't let me have too much of some things and nothing at all of others.... hmmm).  I've got my eye on the apple tree, FH says I'll have to wait a while for that :-(


13 comments:

  1. I did not know mules liked trees. I am really wondering if Shy might be part mule. . .
    Love the photo of you keeping guard over your precious branch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shy would be welcome in the mule gang, her ears are a little on the short side but we reckon she's hiding them! I protected that branch well, no branch thieves allowed ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ash sounds delicious dear Callie. I have plenty of these pretty trees around here, can send you some :-). You truly had a good gourmet session with your MH chef!. It looks like FH takes the role of protecting the royal members of the clan at the table with food safety approval. I wonder how she looks sampling the Ash twigs ;-) ... Now, that Apple tree sounds like a delicacy!.

    On other matter of things, not less important though, I was bedazzled by your shining Cruz del Sur and your sleek beautiful coat. To my dear Princesa Callie (princess), buen provecho (bon appetite)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen, the ash was delicious and it really is a pretty tree. We have lots around here as it is used traditionally to make hedges of which there are many. I especially like stripping off the bark, the humans then take away the wood for the fire, recycling the mula way :-) I have tried to persuade FH to sample all of our food but she refuses, she draws the line at fruit and veg!

      My Cruz del Sur is shining more and more by the day, my winter fluff is rapidly disappearing and my cross shines! I let FH groom me for a long time tonight, it was divine, very fitting for a Princesa :-) Neighbrays to you xxx

      Delete
    2. The mula way is THE way! :) FH certainly gave you a royal grooming, Princesa.

      Delete
  3. The green shoots do look rather tasty....
    Love from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delightfully delicious! Mmmm! I even like the brown bits too, the bark makes a lovely, chewy snack and takes me ages to pick at. FH says I remind her of herself picks the chocolate coating off a KItKat, I have no idea what she means?!

      Delete
  4. OH you look your lovliest in that first photo, and oh my we would certainly respect that other "guard the branch " look ! We know that ears back means "look out " hee hee
    Happy Day
    from
    The mini horses at Willow's farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Minis! I am good at looking fierce... underneath it all I am a softy. Guess who's the boss? Not me.... it's that pesky mini mule who's about a quarter my size.... hmmm?! Happy Weekend to you xx

      Delete
  5. Brilliant - very funny!
    I love those feet at the end...
    Hope that you have a good weekend - the sun is shining here
    Lots of cuiddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! The sun is shining here and it looks set to continue :-) Here's to a lovely weekend for us all xxx

      Delete