Sunday 19 May 2013

Minis' First Bath

Roller's first bath!
Mini mules do not normally mix well with water.  So I watched with horror as FH started to dowse my partner in crime with water and then this soapy stuff until he looked half the pony he was before.  FH said that this was Roller's first bath ever and was to try and help him shed his coat (he looks errm a little moth eaten at the moment).  Roller was so very brave and seemed to be enjoying the attention and wasn't scared of the hose-snake thing.



He kept telling me it felt sooo good to get all the itchy bits out of his coat and he got a massage at the same time..... FH even washed his mane and tail and put conditioner on and everything.  Roller fell in to a bit of a trance!


Then it was time for the rinsing, must get all those bubbles out otherwise Roller may look a little silly on the next rainy day.  Then Roller started to show off, 'look how handsome I am Mini!  FH thinks I look like the handsomest boy in the family.  I'm a show pony don't you know?'

Handsomest Mini Pony!
This was not good.  What if FH loved Roller the best because he gleamed and smelt nice?  But I can't have a bath, I'm too scared and it might hurt me..... But Roller survived so I'll just stand here and watch a bit more....  Wait FH no I can't possibly cope with the snake thing and water.  

OK we can start with a little bit of water on my shoulder... and then a bit more.... oooo and some bubbly stuff.... and then some massaging.  Do you know what? I quite like this bath thing!  I've never had one in all my mule years but I think I could get used to this.  I like it that you haven't tied me up FH and are using a little cup rather than the snakey thing, I can leave if I want to but actually I would rather stay here at the Mini Salon.


The sun is so nice and that feels so good, all itchy and scratchy and delightfully cooling.  Ah!  Bliss!  Don't mind me if I fall asleep for a while


Oh my mule FH you really are giving me the full wash treatment aren't you, I wasn't too sure about the wash under the tummy but tolerated it.  

Full mini mule salon experience with head stylist FH
Look FH I have a whole 8 years worth of dirt and grime for you to rid me of.  MH thinks I have made chocolate, mud milkuleshake.  What do you mean you'd rather not taste it?  Hmmmm

Chocolate Muleshake!
Alas, bath time was over and after a little snooze to dry in the sun FH came for a close inspection of her most handsomest man (see Roller I win... although FH says I'm the most handsomest mini mule, same thing I'm sure!).  She looked closely and found the cross on my back, it was there all along just a little hidden by chocolate muleshake!  I gleamed in the sunshine, this bath thing is good for impressing the ladies!

Hidden mini mule cross
FH said that the best celebration of my first bath was a good hug with no muddy reminders for her!  I can't wait for the next bath time, hurry up sunny days, I could really get used to this!  My bravery really did reap rewards this time :-)

Shiny mini mule - handsome!

Just one final thing FH.... can you please have a bath yourself?  You smell a bit like a dirty mini mule now.... can't have that!


17 comments:

  1. I didn't think that you two boys could be any more handsome but...you do look good after a bath!!
    Cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy, just wished to add regarding little Hannah that, along your lovely memorial plaque, your great love of her lifts her spirit above all sadness and suffering, taking her to a higher place where she can see the Light. If you wished to share the sanctuary's name and location, I could add them to my supported equine rescue organisations (I donate 100% of my conservation photography sales profit to noble causes).

      Dear FH and Muleteers, thank you for allowing us to share here matters of the heart.

      Delete
    2. Dear Judy and Carmen, we hope our handsomeness made you smile :-)

      Matters of the heart are between friends and that is what we are, we are honoured to share with you xxx

      Delete
  2. My dearest Roller, when I said that your calm mind is as clear and pure as water, I was not expecting a bath :-) .... Congratulations on your first spa day!. You look wonderful and what a beautiful, encouraging example you gave to darling Mini.

    My dearest Mini, oh, where can I start ... so many great things in this your first spa day!. My brave little great boy, you could see that Roller had been enjoying the treatment and that was actually enjoyable. Then, just standing free on your own (I cried), with your loving FH using a cup instead (I cried again) catered to your sensitivities, she gave you a most luxurious bath!.

    Then ... what I had been wondering for soooo long ... you have a cross!. Oh, Mini darling, may I christen your gleaming cross as the Cruz del Norte (Northern Cross)?. It is an asterism in the constellation Cygnus, named after the similarity with the Cruz del Sur. What do you say?.

    Sending you all cuddles and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen, Spa Days are wonderful! We are going to demand a lot more!!

      I was so very brave Carmen and trusted Roller and FH that all would be well. I chose to stand and close my eyes and let those I love pamper me and how wonderful it was! I don't think I'll ever trust the snakey thing but that's fine as small cups of water in abundance get the job done too.... and a little secret, the process takes much longer so I get even more fuss and attention - bliss ;-)

      I am deeply honoured that my cross will have a name too! The Cruz del Norte sounds beautiful and very apt, FH says I must take care not to cover it in too much mud. I said that you would not mind, it will simply be like a cloudy night sky?

      Cuddles and kisses gratefully accepted and returned along with neighbrays and snuffles xxxx

      Delete
    2. Many cups = extra attention --the perfect formulae!

      I am glad that you liked Cruz del Norte, Mini. So now, between you and Callie cover the whole celestial sphere --and cloudy nights sound perfecto, too!.

      Delete
  3. What good ambassadors for the benefits of mini bathing. You both look fabulous after your mini spa treatment. I think there will be a bath in Lola's near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pure bliss!! You must tell Lola that we recommend the delights of a spa day. FH says to tell you that we smell and look a little more divine too ;-) Send neighbrays to Lola from me - The Mini xxx

      Delete
  4. He is an absolute beauty and I love the pictures of him dropping off. What a star. The chocolate Muleshake looks like quite a delicacy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! He is a little superstar, very impressed that he trusted us to give him a bath, he's not the bravest bless him! Hoping for a nicer colour muleshake next time!

      Delete
  5. You guys are sooooo stunningly handsome. I'm afraid I can't choose who I should be drooling over!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee thanks Camryn! We reckon it's ok to drool over us both.... we kinda come as a terrible twosome anyway ;-)

      Delete
  6. Such good minis, both of you! And you both look quite stunning after your baths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! We really like this spa thing, Shy has been looking so fine with her treatment days that we wanted some action too!

      Delete
  7. Oh we watched and now insist our Miss Willow give us Spa day this week too ...we DO look a bit moth eaten and itchy now as we have mid shed. You fellas look fab all cleaned up ...course we always think you look fab . Your mum is good to you just like ours ...hurray for good mums
    Xox Honey Bee & Tinkerbell
    PS Roller ~ H. Bee Here ... will send you a pin up photo when I am shiny after my spa day (shh don't tell Tink)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spa days are bliss! You must definitely demand away and make sure you get your fair share of pampering :-)

      Dearest Honey Bee, I can't wait to see you all shiny although I can't believe that you can look any more beautiful! Just imagine we could be prom king and queen together - Yours Neighfully - Roller xxxx

      Delete
  8. Awwwww....I love this post; and photos! He definitely looks handsome and clean! Nice hugs at the end, too.

    ReplyDelete