Sunday 26 May 2013

Curtain Call

Dearest Muleteers, I have FH in training for Human Agility.  We are due to attend some fun agility days later this summer and I've decided she needs some practice so that it's not all a big shock for her.  I summoned MH and instructed him to build me a curtain obstacle.  "Trot on MH" I said, build it big and strong and with lots of flappy curtain bits, no stinting, if I want it, I want it to be proper!

My curtain was duly construtcted (well done MH I send you neighbrays of thanks) and I decided upon a windy evening for its first outing.  Every Actress has a few butterflies before her 'Curtain Call' but not me.  Look at FH's face though, she looks confused, "who me? walk through this curtain, I do not think so Dragon"  I am a true Leading Lady and am relaxed and have no such thing as nerves.  This curtain thing? Seen it all before.... a challenging, spooky obstacle for Her Royal Highness Queen Mule? I laugh in the face of spooking!

It seems to be blowing around a lot, I'm sure it's safe FH, I think you should go first though, you could also pass me a piece of carrot. Every Leading Lady needs to be well fed and doted upon to perform at her best.


Well of course the Supporting Actress should go through the curtain first, I am not heading in to the spotlights until there's a round of applause, if there are to be rotten tomatoes thrown you can go on stage first.  What do you mean I will miss the first scene if I don't get a move on?  


Here I come!  Oh yes fans more applause for your Leading Lady.  My Curtain Call is here, stepping on to the stage of Mule Glory.  This curtain thing is a breeze, is this supposed to be difficult FH?  


Every Leading Lady must have a Leading Man..... I think The Mini might get stage fright.... I know just the Actor for the role!  Hey Roller, fancy acting?  You gotta come through the Curtain though.......

Curtain?  I admire the nice colours but it might clash with my hair... FH says it's nearly my scene though.... I am to play a handsome Hero who saves his Heroine from the evil Mule Doctor!


OK here I come, gosh it's windy in this outdoor theatre! DumdeDum, here I come ladies! Errmm I think I've forgotten my lines, good job I have the fine looks, I'm sure that works in Hollywood?!


Oh no I think I might get stuck in the Curtain...


Do these streaks look good in my hair?  I think some highlights might be nice?  


Oops Roller.... there is one very important rule of being a Leading Man..... you must never upstage the Leading Lady..... especially one as highly strung as a Dragon!



17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Val! It was so much fun :-) Hope your parade went well!

      Delete
  2. Whoops, cheers and rounds of applause here - Well done everyone :) But, what's next I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We take a bow to our round of applause! Next on our list of obstacles is something called the bottle bank.... hmmm sounds peculiar, we'll report back soon!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, what fun. My Onyx (R.I.P.) was a canine agility CH. Mom has plans unbeknownst to Dad to set me up with some fun stuff like that too. More pictures please. And those ribbons look ultra fine with your mane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that would be awesome Camryn! Sooo much fun this agility thing. FH is a little slow and spook at the obstacles but we're slowly training her, she is only a human bless her ;-)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely curtain MH built.
    Well done Dragon and Roller! FH did very well too but not quite as good as you : - )
    Love from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curtain is rather fancy isn't it? Dragon wanted pink but Roller wasn't happy with pink highlights so we compromised! FH needs more practice, she looks rather confused, honestly you'd think it was difficult? Oh well, we can't all be as marvellous as the Muleteers :-) Snuffles and squawky whinnies xxxx

      Delete
    2. I have to say that a pink curtain would have been rather fine!!
      Cuddles from Judy in Cambridge Jxxx

      Delete
  5. I like that curtain! Looks like fun. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, how much fun can you have with some plastic ribbons and a few pieces of wood - perfect :-)

      Delete
  6. So fun! Glad FH made it through safe :)
    Well done muleteers, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was touch and go for a while with FH, we thought she might chicken out on us but with some nudges of encouragement and promises of a piece of carrot she made it! Next time we expect her to do it without a puzzled face :-)

      Delete
  7. And the Oscar goes to .... Callie and Roller!. Such fine actors!. Brave, bold and beautiful with the finest of curtains to show off your moves. Darling Callie, you are the best trainer and FH will certainly perform well. Actually, she looks more agile at the end of the exercise ;-) Dear Roller, you look adorable in your luxurious mane intertwining with the festive curtain strands. Last but not least, dear MH, you have very crafty hands --loved the colourful results!.

    Hugs and kisses to my dear Muleteros ♥♥♥


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and a very special and sweet hug to darling Mini ... a very brave gentleman on his own ♥

      Delete
    2. We take a bow and soak up the applause! In our acceptance speech we would like to thank the head carpenter for the production (who also doubles as the camera man), the mini for directing and FH for being a supporting actress (she needs to work on her expression though to secure an Oscar, we'll keep working on her ;-) Oh and of course our final thanks goes to our inspirational audience - The Muleteer Fans!

      The Mini sends you neighbrays for understanding, he is happy to be behind the camera watching from afar, behind every great actress is a great support team, he was rewarded for his patience with a little walk and hedge picnic with FH and Catanian.

      Muleteer hugs to you xxxx

      Delete
  8. This is just too adorable. Bravo for the successful curtain call for both the Leading Lady and the Leading Man! The "red carpet" is just around the corner, along with the Oscar!

    ReplyDelete