Friday 24 May 2013

Portrait of a Pony - Calm

Portrait of a Pony - Calm
Do you like my portrait Muleteers?  Man Human found me having a little snooze in my stable over the weekend after my delightful bath and snapped me with his clicky electronic thing.  FH is beside herself with my beauty (who wouldn't be?!)
Apparently this photograph shows off my most handsome of features, my calmness.  When all others are losing their heads I remain calm.  I do not believe in fuss and bother (I am British you know...) and although I can raise a canter and a buck just as well as anyone else I would rather not waste my energy.  I like to sleep, eat, snuffle, sunbathe, sleep some more, groom my friends, go for picnic walks and enjoy the sun on my back.  Such lovely calm pursuits. 


When you live a life of love and happiness calmness is a normal way of being so here is quote for today:


Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself.  You will then find out how easy it is to get along.
Paramahansa Yogananda

I send you calming snuffles, neighs and eau de pony (breathe deep it is good for the soul) for your weekend ahead - Yours Calmly - Roller xxxx
 

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful portrait. Your FH had better frame that one, it's worthy of over the mantle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! She is definitely thinking about it, she will need to take down some of the other pictures of us.... I must say I think this one captures my best side!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I love it! What a perfect portrait of a perfect pony :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect is the right word for Roller, he is delightful and the piccie sums him up wonderfully! I look at this and it makes me smile :-)

      Delete
  3. Awwww...beautiful indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, he is so handsome, glad you like him too!

      Delete
  4. Sweet Roller, you look very serene and handsome. You are an inspiration - I wish that I could be as calm as you.
    Snuffles and cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Judy, I am so pleased you like my portrait! When FH is having a muddled day she thinks 'what would Roller do'? Mostly it would be to sigh deeply, placate with a snuffle or a groom and carry on pottering and eating. Snuffles for a lovely weekend - Love Roller xxx

      Delete
  5. My dear Roller, this beautiful portrait shows the calmness and the bright light in your spirit. You glow from within, every day, making our lives better.

    Take it from a photographer myself, this capture makes an exquisite use of light and shadows, bringing out the sheer textures and patterns of your beautiful self. Most importantly, it sweetly conveys the spirit of the illustrious subject. Well done, MH!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen, I am so pleased that you like my handsome self! I have congratulated MH for capturing my best side and all my whiskery glory, he was rewarded with a well deserved snuffle and soft breath on his hand. I am hoping he will come and play at photography again with me this weekend... I am always a willing subject and happy to stand still for the camera, unlike some long ears I know ;-)

      Have a lovely weekend, sending you snuffles and eau de pony xxx

      Delete
  6. What a stunning portrait of a beautiful pony, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is truly a beautiful soul and our pony in a million :-)

      Delete
  7. What a lovely picture. I particularly like that stray hair catching the light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I have to admit that stray hair is my favourite bit too, sometimes it's the imperfections that make something so beautiful!

      Delete
  8. Oh my our little MINI MARE Honey Bee is swooning over him as usual now lol Grat portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this photo is a stunner. Fantastic.
    Put it on the wall.

    ReplyDelete