Thursday 3 April 2014

Tiring…..

Caring is tiring!
Greetings Labrador Lovers!  The Pocket Sized Labrador here….. phew I gotta tell  you I think MH and I deserve a medal!

It is so tiring looking after FH and the puppy one… they are a bit of a challenge at the moment, one of them has damaged himself speeding around and is now on enforced rest and rather sorry for himself and the other can't see her feet anymore and 'oofs' with every movement.  They need some looking after… and as there doesn't appear to be anyone else to share the load it's up to me and MH.  I have wondered about asking those pesky mules in to the house to help with the 'baby'sitting but alas they will make too much mess and there's only so much poo hoovering even a labrador can manage.

When the day is done there is only one thing for it, yep you've guessed it!  A good jowl spreading snooze!





Although sometimes even my peaceful snoozes are interrupted by the puppy one needing my comforting ways.

My puppy shadow…. always there
I even tried to find a little peace and quiet by having a rather sneaky snooze on the sofa, alas no the puppy was right there needing me…..

Even the sofa wasn't safe
I guess it's nice to be needed even if it is tiring?


I'm off for a little snooze somewhere quiet, MH and I need to keep our energy levels up, I hear there are likely to be even greater calls on our energy soon, I am in denial…. my ears do not look like comfort blankets and my tail is not made for grabbing by teeny tiny fingers ….. I shan't enjoy any of the attention for a second…… honest :-)

Wags and woofs friends, stay safe and spare a thought for us carers trying to keep their charges under control!




16 comments:

  1. It's a dog's life... all that caring 'n all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard, honestly I can't believe how tiring caring for the humans and puppy is… and oh my goodness they're adding more the daycare service soon - yikes ;-)

      Delete
  2. Aww, these photos are so sweet. Sorry you are being kept so busy Pocket Sized Lab....you and MH are obviously doing a grand job. They will be asking you to think of names for the little chap...or chapess? soon...put your thinking cap on and make a list. This is so exciting, you will have another human to take care of only this time, for a while, a mini version. Oh, and Milo, you are getting whiskery by the minute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh names yes, I have come up with Spike, Ruff, Woof, Wag and Whizz but somehow the humans don't think these appropriate…. hmmmm, I shall keep trying! Woofs and wags xxx

      Delete
    2. I think Spike will be perfect, lol.

      Delete
  3. My darling Murph, you have a big job and your naps are more than justified!. Keep recharging your energies --soon you'll need extra ones :-). Sweet flying Milo, what happened to you?.

    Your faces are adorable, handsome whiskers and soulful eyes. You are such a good puppysitter, dear Murph. Cuddles and scratches to all and well wishes to your humans.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Carmen, I knew you would understand the hardships of a puppy sitter…. it is tiring to say the least but alas I am the master of the 'nap when you can' ethos. My poor Milo puppy had a crash out for a walk and gashed his leg very badly, the doggy doctor hoperated on him yesterday but said he will make a full speed, dashing recovery very quickly - phew! We are all hoping he is fixed soon as he doesn't like to be cooped up, he wants to fly again :-)

      Woofs, wags and licks for a lovely weekend xxx

      Delete
    2. Get well soon, dear Milo!.

      Delete
  4. Your doing a great job Murph keep up the good woofs ,
    err I mean work ~ or good woofs and good work .
    Good boy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woof! Thanks Willow, I shall keep this gang in order, it's a dog's life!

      Delete
  5. Such hard work for you and I think about to get harder. You need to find a hidey hole to take a nap in, for MH there is always the local pub.
    It's good looking after humans though they would be lost without us, pupster......well he is just too damn cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a good pub, now there is a fine idea! One with an open fire, doggy biscuits for me, a pint for MH and peace and quiet…. I'm off to persuade MH we need to go out for some 'man time' without the invalids!

      Delete
    2. oooh sounds a great idea. They won't let woofies in our local pubs, nor ponies either.

      Delete
  6. Milo does still look like a puppy! Poor Murphy... but what a good buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a good and patient buddy to this rather crazy pup, we're lucky to have him, he is the foundation of calm in this house!

      Delete
  7. Ah Murph, a dog's work is never done. Thank goodness you have such broad shoulders and a stalwart heart.

    ReplyDelete