Tuesday 15 April 2014

Nesting

Greetings Muleteers!  Roller here, apologies for my little absence, I have been busy with my nose in the foal care handbook making sure I'm ready for what's about to happen…. I've been reading up on how to parent the Human Foal and making sure that I know how to keep it happy, I vote for snuffles :-)

FH is portly and fit to burst, some might say she is looking more like a rotund Shetland by the day (not this shetland I hasten to add)! Only another 3 weeks max and then I will have my little rider to play with, I can't wait!

Although there have been some disadvantages of FH being rotund like less walks and us having to pick our feet up higher there are others that are not so bad ;-)  Soon FH will be on Foal Watch leave from work which will mean we see her here at home even more than usual… and then there's this thing called 'nesting'.  Well all the baby books say that in foal mares nest and like to clean the house and wash the foal clothes and such things….. hmmm well in FH's odd fashion this has not rubbed off on the human quarters but does seem to be taking place here in our mini stable!  Oh yes, the biggest fluffiest bed did arrive fit for some mini kings (and queens!).


It was only fair that me and Catanian got down to some nesting of our own and tested it out wasn't it?  This foal watch thing is exhausting!  I'm off for another nap

12 comments:

  1. Hello Roller , Tis me H.B. stepping in for Willow . What a lovely bed that is all cushy for certain , I would love to be snuggling into it ( I would say with you my sweet , but that might sound a bit too flirty and I am a proper mini mare you know) .
    There must be excitement in the air round your stable to think you will have a little rider to play with in no time flat , as in very soon !
    We too have a wee rider in store as a grand baby foal will arrive on the scenes round these parts come July .
    Looks like we will both have small riders to teach things too :)) Snuggles and nuzzles.
    Most affectionally yours Honey Bee
    your mini mare extraodinare from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Honey Bee! How delightful it would be to snuggle up with you in the straw ;-) I am so excited that you too will have a wee rider on the way!! A little grand baby foal is so exciting, we'll be able to compare notes!! And oh yes lots of teaching and fun and giggles to be had.

      Sending you all my manly love - Yours - Roller xxx

      Delete
  2. My sweet Roller, you know how much I like the nighttime pictures. The luxurious bed is certainly fit for a little Queen and her mighty Knight. All in great anticipation of the arrival of the heir or heiress to the Muleteer Kingdom!.

    Snuggles and headbutts in abundance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen, we know how you like to see us all tucked up and snoozing, my little Queen so enjoys being close to us and is making perfect use of the deep snuggly bed! We are sending you snuffles, neigh brays and miaows xxx

      Delete
  3. Looks all set for you and the little Space Invader to move in:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, we are hoping that if we make the bed all welcoming that we can persuade FH that the nursery really should be out here, makes sense to us!

      Delete
  4. Sorry for not commenting much in the last two weeks - I have been away and missing you!
    Exciting times, Roller, very exciting times.
    Lovely photo of you in your wonderful, comfy bed with Catanian.
    Snuggles, headbutts (sorry, is that copying) and lots of cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy, we're so pleased to hear from you, we missed you too! We hope you had a nice time away wherever you were :-) We are all excited and looking forward to meeting our new rider.... and to having FH at home more over the coming months, she says its a good job she has her own long ears or she's not sure how she'd cope!

      Snuggles and headbutts gratefully received, we return you miaows, snuffles and neigh brays xxx

      Delete
  5. That nest looks so comfy. It's so exciting waiting for FH to foal although humans make a big fuss about foaling. I just had mine in the field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Zoe you are so right! We Muleteers can't see what the fuss is about.... we've offered FH the prime birthing suite of the stable - it was good enough for Jesus right?!

      Delete
  6. Yay! I am on Foal Watch for your human mama! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll report back! We are eager to see the size of this one's ears ;-)

      Delete