Sunday 5 February 2012

The Three Muleteers are pleased to introduce..... Callie!

Welcome readers!  I'm the latest addition to the Three Muleteers!  My name is Callie and I'm a 4 year old molly mule, I'm 14 hands high and my human says this means I have to carry the load for the other two...hmmmm I think this means I have to carry her, whatever!  She also says that I am a bit of a juvenile delinquent, not sure what that means but probably that I'm the youngest, prettiest and most agile of the three :-)  






I joined the Three Muleteer gang recently when I had to say goodbye to the lovely human who had done something called training with me.  I think I did training with her but that is a mulish secret that I don't share with the two legged ones, if only they knew that we were the ones training them!  Anyway my training human said that I would have to find a new home, she searched far and wide and eventually my new human popped up and came to see me.  That's where our story begins!


So I picked a day when I was feeling at my most supreme for my viewing, my training human whispered in my long (beautiful) ears that I had to be good.  Well I was very good (even if I do say so myself) but did have to check this pair of two legs that had come to see me out.  So I showed them my best features... I fidgeted around while my training human picked my feet up, it's hard to stand on three legs when you're a mule you know and I had to make sure that the new humans were up to the job of holding me up if I couldn't manage.  I also expressed my excitement at having my clothes put on, I know that this means something exciting is about to happen so I do wriggle a lot and then it was down to what humans call WORK!! I love to work (whatever that is, sounds fun right?) so carried my new human to be up the road and back in a jolly striding fashion without a flicker of an eye at the passing traffic or monsters in the hedge, work is not something to take lightly you know, you should only waste energy on spooking when it means you get to work for longer, I had a feeling this new human on my back had the measure of me though and that wasn't going to happen :-(  So after my favourite thing we went back home and human to be was talking to training human about where she lived, she said that she was owned by something called a mini mule, well really, a mule in mini how ridiculous! I could give that the run around...


Well the sad day arrived that I had to step out in to the big wide world without my training human,  I threw a massive farewell party for my short eared companions by jumping the fencing around my paddock and squealing with delight :-) They were all thoroughly impressed I could tell!! Training human and human to be both looked a little shocked but then started to laugh, I know how to diffuse a stressful situation :-)  Standing outside my stable was the shiny mule mobile that had come to take me to my new mule palace (hope the wall paper's pink!).  My training human whispered in my ear that I didn't need to worry, everything would be fine as I was going to live somewhere where I would be understood and loved for my mulish ways, well of course I was, everybody loves me!!  After a sad goodbye with my training human my ears were very deflated and I felt sad but it was time to go.  


After what seemed like an age we arrived at my new mule palace...hmmm not sure about palace but it'll do, will have to get the pink paint out!  So off I go in to my new abode but it's dark outside and I can't really see what is going on, I know there's someone there but I can't see them!!  My new humans are smiling at me and are talking about letting 'the minis' out to meet me...what minis? I can't see them?  There is another stable door next to mine and it seems to be bulging with the effort of containing a monster that is trying to barge through, oh my mule what if it's a mule eating dog, I shall have to get my dog defenders ready to aim!  So the door opens and there was a shock! I had ended up in an alternative universe... it was like being in the tale of Gullivers Travels!



1 comment: