Monday 6 February 2012

Shetland Pony Speed Machine!

Hello blogfans!  Well here I am on this wet, miserable day wishing for the snow that the rest of the country has so that I can show off my polar bear fluff but alas there is only mud.  So I decided that today would be a good day to steal a look at my human's current affairs magazine known as Horse and Hound, now why can't it be called Pony and Puppy, it has a much better ring to it!!  I was having a browse through dreaming of owning a luxury pony mobile to take me to the Pony of the Year Show or a lovely sand school so that I could roll to my heart's content when an article caught my eye...

There it was, confirmation of what I had known all along.... I'm a confirmed speed machine!  All those huffy, slightly psychotic thoroughbreds owe the best of what they are to me :-) Well sort of.  The article said that Thoroughbreds owe their speed genes (do ponies wear genes? I know my human does but my wardrobe is lacking... must investigate) to us Shetlands! 

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/competitionnews/395/311304.html



Blink and you'll miss me...


I've known for a long time that I am a race winner in the making.  If only I could concentrate on my training a little more I would definitely be in with a chance of being the next Grand National winner!  I even have the genes to prove it.  It is hard to train though when your life revolves around being chased by long ears... they shout Run Ro-Land Run at Me, now then back to a little snack before starting my training regime.....

Some of us are in training, others are just stuffing their faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment