Wednesday 8 February 2012

Full of Hot Air!

Greetings fellow muleteers!  Well female human has abandoned us to travel to somewhere called Ethiopia where she says mules know what hard work really is! Well really, what can be harder than my life? Keeping my big bird Dragon happy (she can't get enough of my handsomeness!!) is very hard work as is herding Ro-Land, have you ever heard of herding cats? (I am expert at this, I'll let you in to my secret in a future post).  Well try herding Ro-Lands, it's VERY frustrating!  He keeps saying he's in training for the Grand National, well really he is on another planet!!  So we have been left home alone by female human with man human who is 'in charge' as she said before leaving.  She said it with a grin and seemed to think this was amusing, she must know I'm in charge because I am the chosen one!!


Female human has abandoned us for somewhere hot and warm, wish I was there too!

Before she left she posed me a very perplexing question... When she picks my back feet up she wants to know why I always have to let go with a slight puff of hot air?  I guess this is what is also known as a botty burp, or maybe known as bottus troubilis?  Anyway she can't see the funny side of my windy expression of love!  You see I have a sense of humour and know that in the past I used to drive my human up the wall when she tried to de-mud my hooves.  I would prance everywhere and express my disgust at such an invasion of muley privacy by pulling my feet away, standing on my back legs or when I was feeling very angry I would let one of my back feet swing close enough to her head that she knew my feelings (please note I was never nasty and never once did I hurt her or connect, I was just letting my thoughts be known!).  These days I am the best of the bunch with my feet and am happy to show her my beautiful tiny hooves when I am loose and have my head in the bucket, in fact I'm so relaxed about it all that things just relax if you know what I mean?  Those of you that have the pleasure of knowing us mules will know that we lose control of our botty department either when we are totally scared... or we might gently breeze when we are relaxed and contented.  So when human picks my feet up it is my way of telling her that life is good, there is no need to worry and I'm sharing my hot air with her (she shares plenty with me, blah blah blah).  Besides it gets a good reaction, she normally laughs and splutters which I take to mean that she loves my eau de mule :-)

So next time your long or short eared buddy lets a botty burp pass when you are holding up his back foot take it as a sign of love, all is well in the world and we are relaxed!  I will let female human in on this secret when she returns next week, until then I will test it out on man human, he'll love it I know, us boys like to express ourselves in this way :-)

Dragon doesn't look impressed with my eau de mule either??

Bye for now muleteers, I'm off to dream up some trouble whilst I'm in charge of the gang, man human looks like he needs a bit of excitement in his life, he needs to know that mules are a great reason to get up in the morning (crack of dawn please or I'll bray very loud, I also desire lots of haylage (female human lets us honest, the straw is really for bedding not for feeding!), lots of carrots, apples, pears and polo mints and lots of sunshine, if you can fix that I'll be a good mini mule ;-) Til next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment