Saturday 4 February 2012

The Three Muleteers are pleased to introduce..... Ro-Land!

Hello friends I am Ro-Land also known as Roller Polar due to my uncanny resemblance to a polar bear in the winter, actually for about 10 months out of the year as I like to be prepared for cold weather at any moment.  I am a miniature shetland of just under 8 hands high and although I have the shortest possible pony ears I am an honorary long ear according to my mule friends. Please note that I am not a mere Roland I am double barrelled and should be pronounced as such, there is a pause for effect between Ro and Land as befits my chilled out self. Ermmmm where to begin....


The award for the shortest ears goes to.....


Well I joined the gang about two years ago when my humans were looking for a fearless pal for The Mini, he had already seen off two short eared pals who simply weren't up to the job of being mule pals and was feeling a little lonely.  You see the silly humans had thought that big was best! Hmmmm not true....  So after being definitively told that this was not the case they decided The Mini needed a companion even smaller than himself (in height not girth I hasten to add!).  That's where my handsome self came in.  So there I was grazing peacefully with my brothers and sisters when a pair of humans came to view me, well I was most concerned as I was wet and not looking at my polar bear best.  Try as I might the man human was more interested in someone else, you see I'm quite quiet and don't like to be the bighead of the gang unlike some we might mention.... Anyway after a poor start the lady human looked under the mud and wet and said I had something called good conformation and that my feet were good, I must have had my best toe paint on that day!  She asked the lady showing me off why I was for sale and then the embarrassing part happened....


Hmmmm well she let my secret out that I had been selected to be a 'Stud' whatever that means? Apparently I was supposed get close to lots of ladies but it hadn't worked out so I'd had to have a little operation and was now looking for a new home.  Well how embarrassing, I mean it wasn't my fault that I had better things to do than show off to lots of ladies and prance around snorting and as for the other thing well no thank you, all four feet are staying firmly rooted to the ground.  There was lots of chuckling and my new human to be said that I'd make a good pal for 'The Mini' whatever that was.... hmmm if only I knew.


So the day came to move to my new home and a very shiny lorry arrived to pick me up, little did I know what awaited me.  Well I arrived and saw someone I recognised, you see The Mini used to terrorise me when I was younger....we had been born in the same place.  The Mini whispered at me that if I was good this was a nice place to be and we could make lots of trouble together!  Well I am NOT a trouble maker, not like some!  


I have been with the gang for what seems like forever now and there is never any mention of being a 'Stud' - phew!  I love to spend time in the sun as long as it's not too hot, my beautiful fluff is a sight to behold when the snow falls and the wind ruffles my coat, I don't look quite so magnificent when I'm wet or hot!  My humans say I am the simple one of the crowd, I think they mean my straightforward nature but I'm not really sure what they mean, hmmm?  My human says that I am the nicest shetland she has ever met and says that I really do deserve the name shetland not sh*tland as she normally calls them.  She says I'm her member of the gang to cuddle when the others are being muley and her guilty pleasure is to lift my mane and sniff me.  Apparently the others don't have my eau de pony and smell muley, my human says it is her favourite smell and reminds her of being a pony mad kid (isn't she still one?)


My splendour is plain for all to see




My favourite things in life are to eat and sleep, you see I'm not ambitious like the other two muleteers, I like a quiet life pottering in the paddock making sure everyone's happy.  I'm the security blanket you see, some would say the babysitter, if one of the long ears goes out to play with the humans I'm always hear to pick up the pieces with the other one.  They make the most horrendous racket calling for each other and I have to listen to it! Dum de dum if only they had my chilled out ways they would realise that the humans have got life under control and there is no need to fret, everyone will be back together soon.  I hope you enjoy talking to me and my muley friends, my humans call me a philosopher whatever that is, errrmmm I'll have to go and think about it......til next time.....  


Doing what I do best, looking good and eating lots!



No comments:

Post a Comment