Sunday 10 July 2016

We're Back!

Greetings Muleteers!  We are so VERY sorry that it has taken us so long to get back to the blogosphere.  Those pesky humans have been rather preoccupied with things other than our blogging.... hmmm we wonder what could be that important?

So here we are, we have wrenched the hoof-pad from them and we can give you an update - hoorah!  First things first... we are all still in mighty fine form; all hooves, waggy tails, kitty whiskers and long and short ears are doing very well thank you very much.  We hope that someone out there still cares for our animal selves but if not we are happy to talk about ourselves to ourselves ;-)

What's the news then? Hmmm well, much of the same but with a new human to own and enamour with our humour, good looks and wit!

As there's rather a clamour for the hoof-pad we decided that we should each be allowed a few neigh brays to say hi to our loved ones (of course you all love us all right?)... here goes (please note that Dragon had to be censored as her big ears = big ego (oops meant big brain ;-)

The Mini 

Neigh Brays my friends!  As you can see by my topping the bill (George Clooney and Matt Damon you are SO yesterday) I am still firmly Number 1!  I have been up to lots since we last spoke..... eating, snoozing, staring suspiciously at the local sheep and waking up my neigh-bours with a chorus all of my own - someone has to announce the arrival home of Queen FH or she may get an inferiority complex?!  Oh and I have also been busy doting over my new charge, for I have a new human pal to consort with these days, oh yes my friends HF (Human Foal) is just like FH but more fun and offers us treats more frequently. Although... I do draw the line at a wet scrubbing brush.... this puts me in mind of Roller.....

Roller

Not true, errmm ok, it is true.... I am the My Little Pony-a-like in this gang and it appears that FH has passed on her love of humiliating me to HF.  I don't mind really, a wet scrubbing brush gently placed on the botty area? Fine really, especially when it's accompanied with a squeal of happiness and the rattle of my treat pot afterwards :-)  Apart from looking handsome, pondering the meaning of life and acting as psychotherapist to the mules I have mostly been preparing myself for glitter-geddon.  Apparently this is something that happens when Human Foals reach the age of 3 or 4 and start to paint ponies nails silver and plait ribbons in my hair?  I am ALL for it, I can barely wait!  I am just getting in my rest now so that I can manage the late nights that will surely come with this glittery, disco pony existence!

Dragon

Greetings my mulificent friends!  Well my horizons have been expanding.... actually FH says that I have grown rather prosperous (does that mean fat?!) as I haven't been getting as much out and about exercise.  The cheek of it!  Hmmm maybe she is right?  I am definitely not getting ridden as much as I was but I guess I'll forgive FH, she appears to be the one carrying the toddler at the moment.  Thank goodness that Foal can walk well now, it won't be long until she is on board.  She loves me the best.... I like to do my best neigh bray for her.... she pronounces "Dragon Happy" whenever I do this, why can she not understand that this also means "I am hungry"?? A Dragon has to feed her expanding waist you know?!  Anyway I am being the politest of matron mules with my delightful HF (she is mine right?!) and love her, my gentleness with her is not to be confused with softness I am at pains to point out (just ask the local dogs ;-)

Finally FH has got her act together and we are going out more, often on hikes together (FH says she can't be bothered to scrape the mud off me.... the cheek!) which is splendid! More please, I need to get my stamina back for gymkhana games - haha I don't think!

Diesel Catanian Catty

Yes Muleteers I have had a name change apparently!  According to the new bearer of all that is important (those cat treats laced with cat nip) my name is now Catty.  Hey when it gets called and the results are so spectacular can you blame me for responding?! I was a little unimpressed by the squawking foal when it first arrived giving it a wide berth but these days I'm a total convert.  HF just loves stroking me and giving me treats and when I've had enough I just go for a cat nap.  I am still terrorising the neigh-bour hood including giving the dogs the evil eye at every opportunity.  What can I say? Catty life is good :-)

The Pocket Sized Labrador

A little greyer, a bit saggier, but still willing!  Just when I thought my days of puppy raising were over I have been blessed with another charge to bring along in the world.  My FH says I am the best Grandpa Dog a girl could wish for.  I protect, I clean (faces and floors) and I provide education on the important things in life.... good square meals, fresh air each day, a hearty diet, a healthy dose of laughter and lots of waggy love. What more is there to teach a little one?

Mino

Errmmmm what happened to my name?  Well Puppeteers I also have a temporary new name..... It would appear that Milo is quite hard to pronounce for HF so I now get called Mino.  I don't mino though.  I could never have hoped at the endless opportunities that toddlerhood could bring me.... food, glorious food, everywhere for Mino.... I just love clean up!  And I still love running at top speed. beep. beep!





Human Foal

HF cannot yet write so we report on her behalf that she is two mule years, funny, happy, delightful and wilful :-)  A blonde whirlwind with an attitude the size of a.... well a mule!  This little girl appears to have been born ready for life and knows how to enjoy!  She loves us (feeds us a lot), she loves the outdoors, she eats well, sleeps well and smiles a lot..... perfection!  Oh and she's also REALLY good at pointing out poo-poo and announcing to FH 'pick it up now'..... that's our girl!



The Others

Haha, OK we guess we should mention the caretakers!  MH and FH are both doing good too!  They appear a little greyer,  a little more tired but even happier than before.  We all like to keep them on their toes but we have been super duper good for them and they tell us how good we are all the time.  Two jobs, three equines, two dogs, one cat and a little lady.... no problems?!





11 comments:

  1. A very warm welcome back! I am so happy to see your post! Your photos are gorgeous, as always. Thank you so much for sharing, and thanks as well, for your kind comment on my blog post. I post on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays now. I am very, very happy to see you back! I was wondering what was happening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Just returned myself, though with a different horse now. Long story. Our Lincoln is big on poo patrol as well. Must be a toddler thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course we haven't forgotten you and we are very glad to hear from you and see that you are all in top form. Hard to believe that the little HF is already running around, but than, Ramsey is nearly an adult already:) They do grow so fast. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back and to celebrate you've made it to be Haynets Blog of the Day! Come and take a look: http://www.hay-net.co.uk/haynet-news/9550/equestrian-blog-of-the-day-the-three-muleteers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hay, how wonderful to hear from you all. I have another Grandfoal a colt this time. NG Lola is now 3 and loves to come and clear up the poo from my field. Takes her forever but she doesn't want any help thankyou very much. As you say poo must be a toddler thing.
    Rolly a glitter-a-thon.....well now photos or it didn't happen. Must see photos. Dragon I think your dragon like persona is slipping a little when HF is around oops. That HF is adorable you're so lucky to have your own little human foal to play with. It's been wonderful to catch up with you all, do please do catch up posts more often, steal the hoofpad if you have to. Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - there you all are again! Wonderful to catch up on all the news. FH - I have been planning to email you - will do that soon. I'm afraid I have been a very lazy blogger of late - way too much to do, even without the menagerie that you have! Hugs from the donks and me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to see you all again! And looking so well. I have missed you.
    Lots of love and cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, great to see you all again xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had missed you much, me dear amigos!. Love to hear from you all, my Cruz del Sur, Cruz del Norte and all ear forms!. You all look splendid!.

    Besos (kisses)
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just reading this at the end of August... I am so glad to find you are all well and doing fine. The Human Foal is growing up to be a mighty fine girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think of you all often and Jessica often asks after Dragon, I have some photos I would love you to see. X

    ReplyDelete