Friday 16 August 2013

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Patience

The best things come to those who wait.....

Last night was a fun packed night, we had hoof man come to visit!  The thought of hoof man's visit normally gives me and FH the groans.  We pace a little and wait for the answer to our big question!

How will the mules behave this time?  The Mini in particular is not too keen on having his feet touched by anyone except FH, Dragon is well indecisive..... most times she's fine with the concept of getting a mani-pedi but sometimes she just ain't in the mood (typical woman... best not say that too loud ;-)

So the evening drew closer and FH and I decided what would be would be and we'd just roll with the punches.  Hoof man was patient and kind and both of the mules were.... shock horror..... extremely well behaved!  It would seem that with patience those mules are coming round to the idea of a lovely mani-pedi and the idea that people in general are nice :-)

In this house we understand that mules will teach you patience and test your patience but when they have blessed you with their trust the rewards are ample.

And what about me I hear you cry?  Well I kinda snuffled hoof man a bit, especially when he said I had the nicest little feet, I gazed adoringly at the little raspy thing and then I ate my reward pear very noisily and made sure that FH got to share too, I gave her some pear juice on her trousers to lick off later - lucky or what?!

I'm so looking forward to a weekend of fun and sun, I am busy growing my winter woolies again too so no time to waste, must persuade FH to groom me some more.  I kept my summer coat for all of 2 weeks and have now decided it's time to work up to winter weight.... coat weight anyway!

Have a lovely weekend friends and in honour of the concept of mule patience here's my quote for today:

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau


16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this post about mules. I am sure that they can teach us much. Love the quote and photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where the mules are coming from, the hoof man can be quite scary, I get told off if I fidget too much. Like the mules I'm getting better with practice. You do have the cutest little feet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cyril, great to hear from you :-) Those mani-pedis can take quite a long time can't they, not surprising us equines gotta shuffle about a bit.... pears and carrots sure help focus the mind though!

      Delete
  3. Aww, so pretty toes all round then. You wait til FH thinks of painting them pretty colours as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragon says pink for her, brown for Mini and for me..... ermmmm I think a dashing shade of racing green!

      Delete
  4. My dear Roller, Friday mornings are perfumed by your Eau de Pony Magnifique. I love how you observe and draw the best from every situation. Nice to hear that those muleficient hooves were groomed without much problem; I am especially proud of Mini, he has come a long ardous way into trusting other humans. That pear reward sounds delicious; how generous of you to freshly squeeze the juice for FH ;-)

    Oh, your luxurious winter coat, I can't wait to see you in full silky fleece.

    I love your quote, you yourself are an example of a patient friend!.

    Love and cuddles to all, with a wisp of autumnal breeze from here.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have more autumnal feeling here today, I am so glad I've started growing my winter woolies as the weather is not nice today! Still with my fluff I am happy and dry :-) I have to admit to preferring my wintery fluff, the ladies go wild for it and they take any excuse to sink their fingers in, FH says she's warming her fingers up, I know different but am happy because I like the scratches!

      Sending you ample quantities of eau de pony, snuffles and whinnies for a lovely weekend xxx

      Delete
  5. Roller, I can see your winter wool coming in, and it makes you even more handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann, I do so love the winter season's fashion, I think it suits my style ;-)

      Delete
  6. Oh! I just got back and was delighted to read about Patience!

    Your coat looks delightful. Best to have a good winter coat than non at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Val, hope you had a lovely time away! I really like my winter woolies, finally my heritage comes in to its own!

      Delete
  7. Roller m'dear you have the cutest little EVERYTHING. My winter woolies are on their way too although I feel positively naked in comparison to your amazing fluff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zoe, you really are the kindest lady ;-) I hope that my winter woolies will endear me to my lady fans? A gentlepony has to keep himself looking dapper!

      Delete
  8. I just love little Roller! Our equines are starting to shed summer coats over here. . .I am not ready for it! I do love my shiny and sleek Shy.
    So happy that all the Muleteers were wonderfully behaved for their mani-pedis!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the sleek look too, it suits the mules wonderfully but somehow fluff and lots of it suits the little man perfectly, he is built for the cold and seems so at home in snow! Having said that I'd rather winter stayed away for a long while yet!

      Delete