Tuesday 12 February 2013

Saddle Horse?

Saddle pony extraordinaire!
I'm sure you've all heard of a saddle horse? You sit your nice saddle on it when not on your equine and it keeps it off the floor?  Well Muleteers I am now a 'Saddle Pony'.  I have been cleared for work!

There I was having a lovely chomp on some haylage.  Dragon had been out for a ride and had been undressed.  FH was carrying her mule saddle through the yard when shock horror The Mini's wardrobe had malfunctioned and required adjustment.  Slight problem! It was raining and there was no where dry and safe to place Dragon's saddle in a hurry.

Enter my handsomeness!  FH took one look at me and decided that I being the bombproof, 'happy to do anything' chap of the gang wouldn't mind assisting.  She eyed up my back and thought yes that will be ok... FH regularly puts brushes, gloves and other such items on my back for safe keeping when she is busy although I've never worn a saddle before, FH didn't think I'd mind though.  Well Muleteers I was sooooo proud!  I had a good snuffle of the saddle, checked it was my colour and then 'Kept Calm and Carried On' in true Roller Polar fashion :-) Don't worry muleteers because this is a treeless saddle it doesn't weigh much at all so I felt my sturdy little legs could carry it.  The only problem was that the saddle was a little on the long side, I wonder if FH will buy one in miniature for me?

FH was so delighted with me she stopped her unscheduled adjustment of The Mini's wardrobe and marvelled at my handsomeness, why ever had she not thought of this before?  I could see her mind ticking.... hmmm one day perhaps a small person may like to sit on me too? I can dream!

Anyway I didn't want to get carried away with my new found career so went back to doing what I do best.... eating! This saddle pony is hungry after all that work!


19 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! And I think a teeny tiny saddle and a teeny tiny person would look so cute on him :)
    Love his relaxed 'tude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be the cutest thing ever! He may not actually go far though as he'd be too busy stopping for a snack!

      Delete
  2. I want one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one helps better than you, sweet Roller!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen! I do my best to help where I can, FH says my greatest help is by making the world a more beautiful and calmer place x

      Delete
  4. Roller, you could use this act of kindness to your advantage.. Perhaps when FH is giving out the treats, could you remind her of your fees for becoming a saddle rack, you could be in line for an extra carrot. It's worth a try !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fees - yes this is true! I command a carrot and banana for every saddle rack experience, I like your style ;-)

      Delete
  5. You look great! I saw right away it was treeless, cause that's what I use too. What kind is it? I have a Barefoot but, am upgrading to a Sensation soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treeless is great, my Dragon friend loves her comfy saddle. This one is a Dartmoor Treefree http://www.treefree-saddles.co.uk/#!western/c1fjv made just down the road from us, it is brilliant as it has the back cinch to help stabilise it on a mule shaped back. Looking forward to seeing what you think to your sensation!

      Delete
  6. Dearest Ro-Land, you look very smart with the saddle on your back. How kind of you to assist FH. It would be lovely if a very small, gentle person could sit on you one day.
    Lots of love and cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! I would love a precious cargo, I can show Dragon that she is not the only trusted one! In the meantime I shall lend a hoof wherever I can and make the world a kinder place. Snuffles to you ready for Valentines Day xx

      Delete
  7. Ro-Land is a moveable saddle rack as long as you have hay!
    I've often thought that such a thing would be handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is the perfect design! Happy to stand right where you put him - just provide food. Even moves out of the way if you try to fall over him. Can't believe we haven't thought of this before!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hello Sharon, thanks for stopping by :-) we hope you come back soon for more cute mischief!

      Delete
  9. ♥ ♥ Happy Valentine's Day to all mis queridos Muleteros!. You are all sweethearts! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feliz día de San Valentín Carmen! Wishing you a very lovely day, sending you valentines snuffles and kisses xxx ♥♥♥

      Delete