Tuesday 26 February 2013

What's your favourite noise?

What's your favourite noise Muleteers?  Birdsong? Silence?  The sound of the ocean? The crunching of leaves underfoot?  The favourite noise in our house is the sound of mules and minis eating!

Apparently the rhythmical sound of us Muleteers enjoying our favourite hay or straw snack is FH's perfect sound.  It is certainly my favourite sound as it means that I am busy eating!

FH reckons there is nothing quite so lovely as standing and listening (or if you're really tired sitting in the straw) and listening to the perfect chomp, chomp, chomp as we grind those delectable fibres in to weeny fragments.

We are always happy to assist with human relaxation therapy.... I am wondering if FH would give us a little more haylage so that I can help even more?  Honestly the straw is just not so exciting..... and I am wasting away, FH was prodding me today to check where my ribs were, honestly did she think I'd lost them?  It was alright though, she found them and was even happy that I had lost a bit more weight.... this is not good FH, honestly!

So we'll let you be the judge of FH's favourite noise. I have been busy showing off my best side whilst Roller and Dragon scoff away. You can see here that there are some very different techniques and pitches for the munching noise.  My chomps are delicate and proud, Roller's as rather petite and fast in tempo.  Hmmm Dragon's... well hers are as you would expect for a Dragon.... there is not much left to the imagination.  Her table manners are in need of refinement at a finishing school for ladies.... She gets very angry with that net of hers, although I could be a little smug about that it is actually because she gets more haylage than us minis (something about being a working mule, doesn't mule therapist not count?)



As you can see there is lots of noise, Dragon even gets up from the dinner table in the middle of a meal and even eats off the floor.  Oh well I still love her!


The final indecency at meal times.... FH decides on a commentary and soundtrack of terrible 90s pop music.  When is she going for her dinner again?


16 comments:

  1. I love the sound of horses eating. I know they are happy doing what they love best :)
    My most favorite sound is Shy's nicker, because I rarely get to hear it. In fact, I have not heard it in a long time. Besides her thinking noise (blowing through her nose at strange or new things) she does not make too many noises.
    Thanks for sharing one of the best sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the thinking blow is a favourite of Dragon, it sounds a bit like a snort too. We love to eat, you're so right :-)

      Delete
  2. While my eating is one of Mom's top favs. I'm pretty sure her fav is me sighing, specially if I sigh when she's riding or rubbing on me. Though her laughter when I buck/fart tells me that's at the top as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee! The buck/fart is hilarious. Dragon also suffers from 'jet' propulsion!

      Delete
  3. I wish I were sitting out and listening to the mules chomp away. I used to sit in a barn a long long time ago and listen to the animals eat.
    So very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our FH totally agrees, the sound of chomping equines slows the heart rate and brings her back to earth, heaven!

      Delete
  4. Oh I just love your eating munching action videos guys... Dragon is very aggressive with her net isn't she ? Perhaps it made her a little cross, not coming out quickly enough. It seems that everyone loves the sound of me practicing my braying.. My human had tears in her eyes yesterday she was laughing so much. I'm really trying to get it right, it begins nicely then I seem to just run out of puff and its all downhill from then on. My brother is even worse than me, we had a little chorus today oh dear oh dear, hooves over ears in the paddock. We even made the big yellow things bark .. Happy munching .. Love from woody x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to hear your practice braying! The Mini and you could form a choir! Keep practicing, you and your brother will wake the neighbours soon :-)

      Delete
  5. There is something so comforting and cozy about listening to them chomping away. I can even smell that hay (how is that possible?)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is soothing for the senses, takes us back to a simpler time.

      Delete
  6. My favourite noises, the sound my breakfast bowl makes when it has food put in it. The rattly hay bag. Humans car arriving, that means breakfast bowl and hay bag noises will soon follow so I think that has to be the best one.
    Human loves the munch munch munch noises as well and if I am in a good mood I make that nickery noise to her when she arrives that is probably her favourite,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the nicker noise! Wraps those humans around our little hooves, must try that out more!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful videos!. I loved to hear you all in such a blissful time of day. You are in a very handsome shape, Mini, keep working on it!. You all look fantástic!.

    My favourite sounds?. My kitties purring and the happy bleats of goats :-)

    Buen provecho, mis amigos (bon appetit)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S.: Would you, kindly, send earwaves and haylage thoughts to sweet Worthy, the yearling?.

      http://naturesheartbycarmen.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-precious-life.html

      Thank you ...

      Delete
    2. Dearest Carmen, I am so glad my permanent diet is worth it, FH says I look much sleeker :-)

      We are sending Worthy crossed hooves, neigh brays and love, we are so pleased that she has found some lovely new humans. Hope all goes well.

      Sending you snuffles and miaows to your kitties! Xxxx

      Delete
    3. Thank you for your warming miaows and snuffles, it is cold today!.

      I deeply beleive in that sending much love to Worthy will warm up her little brave heart. Gracias, queridos amigos ♥

      Delete