Tuesday 6 August 2013

Beauty and The Bees

Greetings Miaowleteers!  When FH said she wanted to photograph something beautiful in the paddocks I rightly assumed it was me, what could be more beautiful than Queen Catanian?

So off I sauntered with FH in tow..... this way....

Wait a minute.... she's taking pictures of other stuff!

Time to leap in her lap and knead her with my claws and purr and headbutt til she sees sense.

Doesn't she know that butterflies and bees are for pretend chasing? OK so I never actually manage to catch any (much to FH's pleasure and my despair) but it's a good game!
 
Great White Butterfly... Great for chasing.....

After a while I realised that butterflies and bees are not so bad because they make FH sit quietly and still for ages so that I get lots of attention - definite bonus.  We girls stayed monitoring the local wildlife for ages and here are some of our shots taken in the Muleteers winter paddock residence, whoever said equines, cats and nature can't live in harmony?

Peacock Butterfly

Red Admiral
 
 

Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly
 
 
Bee enjoying yarrow and knapweed
 
Fly away home.....
 
Finally FH took some pictures of the real 'wild' life!
 
 
Have a purring good week!  Here's hoping for some sunshine, butterflies to lazily watch and lots of kitty cat play :-)
 

15 comments:

  1. Good week to you, too! The photos are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series of photos. I have never been able to capture a butterfly as yet, they are too fast for me. So beautiful! I love the cat, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! It took some patience but really enjoyed it, always easier with some feline company, she is the queen of patience!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous meadow and the butterflies of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em, it's a gem of a meadow. Small but inaccessible so no one has ever messed around with it, it's mainly weeds an wildflowers and we love it :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos of the meadow, loved seeing these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, for once my patience lasted long enough to take proper pictures, must try harder with photos they are worth I when they turn out well!

      Delete
  5. Meadow life watching bees, butterflies and kitties is so relaxing! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so relaxing we both nearly fell asleep! We may have disappeared in the long grass, thankfully we stayed awake long enough to get some snaps, glad you like them :)

      Delete
  6. Dear little Reina, you are sovereign of a beautiful kingdom!. Our pollinator friends are so busy in the summer!. What a lovely time spent in the company of FH milady. I am also enjoying myriad butterflies and bees in the garden. The pictures are delightful, so nice to see the European garden visitors. I love how you became submerged in a sea of flowers!.

    Headbutts to a pretty English Rose ...





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Carmen. I was dutifully teaching FH the art of patience, to get the best photo we must wait still like a prowling cat. We were thinking of the pollination video when watching our friendly bees, such busy and helpful characters they are. Head butts, miaows and purrs to you xxx

      Delete
    2. I also thought of the video when I read your post title :-)

      Delete
  7. These are astoundingly beautiful! Wow! Stunning.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! I loved taking them, I really must try harder with photos, such a pleasure when they turn out well :)

      Delete