Wednesday 21 November 2012

Dear Mother Nature....

Dear Mother Nature,

Please could you stop watering the garden?  I have been a very good pony and I am only asking this one small thing but you see I just can't bear any more rain.  It seems like it has rained all year and just never stopped.  I know that you are watering your garden so that things grow big and strong but honestly Mother Nature my little leggies won't grow any longer and I keep getting stuck in the mud and I'm worried that if I didn't live on a hill I would surely have to swim as the water would wash over my back.  My winter coat is looking a little bedraggled and I am growing tired of peeking at the outside world from the inside of my stable, I dare not spend too long on the yard or in the paddock in case I blow away or the flood waters reach my knees!

FH let us out to play today in the little bit of sunshine that you sent after the torrential rain last night.  It rained so hard and the wind blew so much that all the water from your watering can blew in to my cosy stable, FH had a job to tidy up.  She tells me that it is going to rain very badly again tomorrow and we are due gales, please could you postpone this a little while or even better cancel it all together?  Us Muleteers are lucky, we have lovely warm stables and thick beds but we would much prefer to be able to roam around and enjoy the sunshine.  The humans are very worried, lots of our friends have been flooded and it is taking so long to get anywhere, the roads are not happy and the rivers are full to bursting. We know that many humans are naughty Mother Nature and do all sorts of bad things to the environment but please don't take it out on little innocent short legs like me....

I am sending you this plea Mother Nature so that you might be benevolent towards me and my mates, the mules are miserable and I am a little perplexed.  I have grown my beautiful Polar Bear coat to show off in the snow and on sparkling frosty mornings, it errrm  doesn't look quite so good when it's soaking wet.

Sending you Roller snuffles, I hope you hear my plea, I really will be a good pony if you just stop watering me to make me grow bigger, FH says I'm perfectly formed as I am :-)

Love Roller xxx

12 comments:

  1. Cute! And FH is right. . .you are perfect just the way you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Same weather here on the west coast of Canada - but a brief break in the gloomy clouds today - we are all relieved. Everybody has new rain sheets complete with polar fleece liners that can be removed ... the very latest in donkey fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cynthia! Love the sound of those donkey rugs, maybe FH will buy us some?? She says to tell you that she had a little piece of cheer me up heaven in the shape of a piece of Denman Island choc earlier - delicious!

      Delete
  3. We are 6" short of rain for the year so send some moisture our way! I know how miserable it can be to be sorry all of the time.
    Wow that weather sounds perfectly awwwwful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll try to blow some rain your way Val, it's been terrible weather but we are hoping that it might let up soon.....

      Delete
  4. And the same here on west coast of Scotland. What a sad little face, bless I do agree with you though. Rain rain go away, come another washing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to blow the rain away, maybe soon it will stop?

      Delete
  5. Oh please. I will add my name to the petition to get the rain stopped for a while. I know we need rain to make the grass grow and for that I am very thankful but it's too cold for the grass to grow now so we don't need the rain right now. Failing that can you make sure I get a snorkel and flippers for xmas.
    Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Zoe. We were thinking of a full diving suit with air tanks? Another horrible day here! Hope you are staying dry, sending you manly whinnies to brighten your day x

      Delete
  6. Doing the sunshine dance for you all, my dear friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen, we know you have had some awful weather so we don't like to complain.... But a pony can only take so much with leggies as short as mine :-(

      Delete