Friday 2 November 2012

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Calm

Dearest Muleteers, this week I have been practicing my inner calm.  I have heard terrible tales of stormy weather that our friends over the big sea have had to cope with.  FH says that everyone is now hoping for calm after the storm.  She says that if my personality could be translated in to everyday life then all would be calm and peaceful.  You see Muleteers I am the master of calm.  When all around me are losing their heads I am quite content to stand and watch peacefully, occasionally my ears might move a little or my eyes might grow a little larger but that's where it ends.  I have been practicing my calmness on the long ears.  Whenever they try to push me around or are being silly I practice my calmness on them, it seems if they can't get a reaction from me they stop trying...... it works very well, guess who gets most of the haylage?  So here is my Friday thought.... have a lovely weekend :)


Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit.  Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. 
Saint Francis de Sales

3 comments:

  1. What a sensible approach to life Ro-land.

    Oh, and I love the photo - great swish of the tail and wonderful silvery coat!

    Cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear Roller, what a beautiful picture. You gleam in your silvery coat.

    I could not use your thoughts better than now, still waiting for electricity and water. With freezing temperatures at night it is very hard. So, I am going to give you a big overseas hug not only because I love you, but to warm myself up in your luxurious winter coat, while perfuming my day in the most precious Eau de Pony Doux ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely angle that photo is taken from. What a super duper fluffy bottom you have. Oh calm....yeah calm sorry I got distracted by the view.

    ReplyDelete