Friday 8 March 2013

Farewell Fluffy Trousers....

....you've served me well!  But alas sweet, fluffy trousers it is time to say goodbye for a few months as Spring is upon us!

It's that time again, I have started to shed my fluff, the first layer to go is the long polar bear hairs of which there are many.  My fluffy trousers are gonna have to go..... FH is sad, she loves my fluffy bottom and delights in how well designed my coat is.  I can't keep this polar bear coat just for her though.  I might roast as the English Summer (read rain and cloud in to this) nears.


It is only a few weeks ago that my fluffy trousers were at their finest, MH busily brushed my finery and marvelled at how warm I was in the sub zero temperatures.


Alas, all good things must come to an end and FH got the shedding brush out to strip away my fluffy trousers, they were getting mighty itchy and I appreciated a lovely scratch.


Bit by bit my fluffy trousers disappeared until there were only a few wispy hairs hanging on, I may keep them for a few more days, just in case!  It will take me at least another 4 months to shed out my other coat layers but at least I've made a start, my pony version of Spring Cleaning ;-)


So Spring is in the air so I leave you with my quote for the most exciting time of year.... there are many new beginnings just around the corner, if only you look for them :-)

Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!
Sitting Bull


13 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest pair of fluffy trousers I have ever seen! Sad to see them go, but you will get a new pair next year. Now it is time for you to don your skinny jeans, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I'm not sure my rather rounded behind will look good in the skinny jeans.... can I opt for bootcut?

      Delete
  2. Your bum is just adorable fluffy or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kind lady, I have to say yours is delectable too :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Roller, we are so envious of your beautiful beyonce shaped bottom. It was lovely with the fluffy trousers , but now it has had a groom and shape it is divine.. What us girls call easy on the eye... Think we will print this photo off and pin it up in our field apartment next to Frankel. Much love .. Ruby & Daisy. X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there ladies! How marvellous it would be if you were my neighbours, I'm sure I could wow you with my stunning good looks and a-neigh-zing conversation. Sending you snuffles and swishes of my magnificent mane to keep you warm through the cold nights - Your Admirer - Roller xxx

      Delete
  4. Dearest Roller, you have a very handsome shape. Your fluffy, silky hair looks as luxurious as the finest alpaca hair. I would knit a sweater to match my Rollerhats! ;-)

    It is sad that your ponificient winter coat needs to go, but your handsomeness always remains!.

    Love and cuddles to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen, I am sad without my fluffy trousers but I must concentrate now on my ponificent summer coat, it will arrive soon(ish). Sending you snuffles, eau de pony and lashings of silky soft Roller fur to warm your heart xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh those were the finest of fluffy trousers I am sure they served you well. It is smart of you to layer for winter ...my girls do the same with fluffy skirts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you visit again! Layering is definitely a 'must' for winter, I am starting to wish I had saved my fluffy trousers a while longer though as we had snow yesterday :-(

      Delete
  6. Darling Roller, I am sorry that I have not been in touch for a while but we have also been away. I would not want you to think that I had forgotten about you - not possible! I love your fluffy trousers...I bet that you are really missing them at the moment...Hope that you and all the Muleteers are keeping cosy.
    Lots of love and warming snuggles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy! We hope you had a lovely time away, maybe somewhere warmer than home at the moment? I think I may have shed my fluffy trousers a little bit too soon.... it has been snowing and very cold, brrrrr. The snuggles certainly helped to warm us all up, we send snuffles back to you, hope you are staying toasty warm xxxx

      Delete
  7. Major holds on to his fluffy trousers till the start of May, then begins to grow them again in July! Yours are wonderfully fluffy!

    ReplyDelete