Tuesday 26 March 2013

This Bed Ain't Big Enough For The Both of Us

Greetings Woofeteers!! Sleep, play, eat, sleep, play eat..... golly it's a hard life!  I have been such a busy puppy making friends and influencing people (the puppy dog eyes work a treat ;-) that when I get a quiet hour or two with the Cloth Dog I am just exhausted!  Have I told you before I love my Cloth Dog?  He's my hero!  This means that at every opportunity I have to be as close to him as possible.  He is very fluffy and is so lovely to snuggle up to, his ears make exceptionally good chew toys and I really like to wrestle with him.

There is just one problem with all of this.....I don't like sleeping in my own bed.....


I would much rather sleep in the same bed as my Cloth Dog.  This has started to pose some problems as I have been growing just a tiny little bit and the Cloth Dog has been sending pained looks to the humans....


Try as I did I just couldn't quite get comfy except for when lying on top of the Cloth Dog who got grumpy after a while, he said I was making his paws go to sleep?

Finally the humans got the hint!  Off MH set to the shops to purchase the biggest bed he could find.....



He did good!  He was stopped in the car park of the pet store by someone who wanted to know what kind of dog could possibly be big enough to fill the monster bed, a Great Dane, a Bull Mastiff?  Not quite.... one Pocket Sized Labrador and his Lurcher puppy.....


It would seem that word of our magnificent bed spread like wildfire.  FH came home and thought that the bed would last us boys a while but told MH in no uncertain terms that I am gonna get much bigger and perhaps we might need an even bigger bed..... MH paled a little at this statement!

To check how comfy our bed was an invader appeared.  FH decided to get in to the bed too...


There was only one thing to do, we all decided to snuggle in and check out the full capacity of this monster bed.... yep, it can take two dogs and a human and I can report that FH thinks it's comfy enough for her boys, in fact she's threatened to move in permanently.


I checked if her nose made a good chew toy.....


I can confirm that it didn't, my Cloth Dog's ears are far superior and taste nicer too.  

Alas there was only one thing for it after such a busy day, a nice snooze for everyone.  


Sweet Dreams Friends!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a big bed! MH better start building a bigger one if you continue to grow like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have told MH I want a puppy palace with a mega huge bed for me and my Cloth Dog, he looked a little concerned.... FH is threatening to just let us in her bed otherwise, sounds great huh?

      Delete
  2. I think that is the biggest bed I have ever seen! Love the pix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Maybe William and Hamish would like one too..... oops sorry FH says I shouldn't encourage every dog to demand such a ridiculous sized bed.....

      Delete
  3. Awesome bed, your peoples are exceptional! I think it's great that your Mom can nap with both of you at the same time even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camryn! Mom seems to find our bed irresistible.... sometimes she does get in the way though and my goodness does she talk a lot, us pups need our sleep. I've found that the best way of getting her out of the bed is to make little puppy smells, she evacuates pretty quick then!

      Delete
  4. Thats made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to bring a smile your way! FH is seriously wondering how the mules, pony, cat and dogs all have comfier beds than her own..... oh well priorities must be met :-)

      Delete
  5. Love it! I, too, have shared my life with a long suffering black labrador who knew just how to play for the sympathy vote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This labrador hang dog look of suffering is something of legend isn't it? Cloth Dog likes to pretend that he has the worst life, those saggy jowls and the whites of his eyes belie the constant stream of food, walks and play.... oh and a slightly annoying puppy companion ;-)

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous bed!. It will serve the double purpose of swimming pool in the summer!. ;-)

    FH is herself like a sweet puppy frolicking, adorable you all!. My dear Milo, I love your mischievous "strategies" to hint FH out of the bed, simply brilliant!.

    Dear MH, I sympathize with your shopping experience. I endured the same glances and questions while shopping for huge carriers and beds for my Salukis. At the airport, people would ask what sort of animal I was flying with ... No lion here, just a carrier high enough for a Saluki to stand up!.

    Enjoy your new bed, mis amigos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful swimming pool it will make, we could even use it as a sailing boat, my Cloth Dog friend could tow me along the river as he is such a good swimmer.

      FH is slow to take the hint but eventually it works.... hehehehe! MH says thank goodness someone understands, travelling and living with such large and graceful companions with the requirements of princes and princesses adds a new dimension to life, all for the good of course :-)

      Snuffles and neighbrays dear friend xxxx

      Delete
    2. Oh, sailing along, wonderful idea!.

      Delete
  7. Hey guys Benji says you need to upgrade to a human bed - very comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are trying to hint at the humans, FH is all for it.... MH thinks we would not be good bed companions, something about my wind and bony elbows? Hmmm, anyway who says the humans would make good bed companions, I've heard those in glass houses should not throw stones ;-)

      Delete