Wednesday 19 December 2012

Winter Weight Watchers

Does my bum look big in this?
Greetings Muleteers!  It's not even New Year and FH has got me on the dreaded diet plan..... ugh.... FH says that the best time to lose those extra summer pounds is to shiver myself cold over the winter.   This is just not fair FH!!

FH is obsessed with my waistline!  It's not my fault that I only have to glimpse a blade of grass to pile on the pounds.  Dragon is lucky, she is fit and toned and has nice long legs, she is the athletic, slim one of us, Roller hides his plumpness under a ridiculous fur coat.  I however am persecuted for being fluffy..... or at least that's my excuse.  I am sure that my beautiful fur coat adds at least 4 inches of outline, paired with my rather short leggies I admit I look a little rotund but feel underneath and there are ribs and everything!! Honest!


I think FH forgets how much slimmer I am now, remember FH when I arrived here and literally looked like a barrel on legs?  There was no running around as I was too puffed and my extra pounds rippled, not a good look..... Here's me when I first arrived with my old lady pony friend, I do look a little like a barrel don't I - oops! Those extra blades of grass in my old home had really gone to my hips....


Ever since my youthful excesses FH has decided that I should be permanently placed on a 'Weight Watchers' programme of straw, more straw, exercise and only the very tiniest amount of nice sustenance like grass and hay.... mean - very mean!  I may waste away....

To add to the indignity FH has taken to measuring me on a weekly basis, can you believe this?  She makes me stand and then gets this weigh tape thingy out, wraps it around me and pulls it tight around my chest. Apparently it gives FH an estimate of how much weight I've lost, or not as often happens :-( I just can't hide from that pesky tape measure.


It was weigh in day at the weekend, never have I heard FH so elated at the weekly weigh in, very frequently she groans and shakes her head.  This week she gave me a big kiss and even scratched my bottom, it would seem that I am this year's biggest loser!  Hey that doesn't sound like something to celebrate?

I have wasted away to a teeny tiny 129 kg according to the weigh tape, I may not make it through the winter at this rate FH!  Can you believe that when I first arrived I was 169 kg!!  I have lost nearly 25% of my bodyweight, surely this is enough?  FH reckons not, she wants to feel every rib and reckons that some more walks are in order over Christmas, the walks I don't mind as I get FH all to myself but maybe just a few extra carrots please Santa?

I am a well proportioned mule, I can't help my fluff and short legs!
For all my fellow calorie counters out there, I feel your pain but I heard that at Christmas it doesn't matter??  Let's make a pact to stuff the diet and start up weight watchers again in the new year ;-)

10 comments:

  1. If I lived a little closer my little love, I would pop a carrot under the fence for you without FH knowing. It would be our little secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Janis!! I wish you did live around the corner, carrots are my favourite thing and I'm sure our secret would be safe. I think FH felt guilty so I had a special treat tonight - a lovely banana :-)

      Delete
  2. Monty, I just found your blog. You are a mule after my own heart. I too have short legs, long ears, and a fluffy figure. My Lady is looking forward to following your blog, as I am her very first mule. I have a lot to teach her, but dieting is not at the top of my list. She is trying to cut my calories too. I won't make it easy for her though, because I AM AN EATING MACHINE! We should do lunch sometime. Your new friend, Lola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Lola, how nice it is to make your mulish acquaintance! We should certainly do lunch.... and breakfast and dinner! I'm glad that we've met over the muleweb, thanks for visiting and stop by again soon :-)

      Delete
  3. I am pretty sure its not fat, it's fluff! Shy says the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely fluff! FH may one day believe me..... what can I do when it's so cold?! Shy and I can hold protest days, no diets for equines - ever!

      Delete
  4. Even the big ones get 'fluffy'. We have a Jenny Craig pen on our farm for those who have difficulty with their roundness. Mules can eat a blade of grass and get fat! And then we have a mule who needs help with her weight! We have to feed her grain to assist!
    Go figure!

    You are lucky to have someone watch out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so Val, I do get a little rotund at times, I just love to eat.... and eat... and eat a little more..... FH thinks I might be nearly right, maybe I might get grain then too???? Hmmmm I think I may be dreaming.....

      Delete
  5. My dearest Mini, congratulations on your shedding of 40 Kg!. Yes, it is hard but necessary. You look fabulous!. Sending e-carrots and banana peels, zero calories!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen, I guess I do look a bit better don't I? I can also run around and not get puffed! Yum loving the carrots and peels, zero calories but all the taste :-)

      Delete