Sunday 6 May 2012

Sunshine, Splashes and Picnics

Greetings muleteers!  Callie here.  Well what a lovely day I've had :-)  The sun has had his hat on again and we're home for the weekend so the humans are always here to answer our every whim!  FH appeared this morning, still half asleep she arrived with my mule attire in tow which can only mean good things.

I'm ready for the off!
I patiently waited while she sorted out my attire and made sure it all fitted snugly without pinching. It does take quite a while and I do fidget a little but when it's done I'm ready to roll.  And then who's this?  One of my very favourite people... it's Smiley Human.  Hooray we're all off out to play!

We went on a new route today, I'm in training for a mule marathon (well I'd like to be anyway!) so we did a 8 mile round trip.  We went on some great mule terrain.  This is a bridleway that local horses dare not tread but not this mule, I eat rocks for a living - and look NO SHOES!! 

We went for a splash in the local stream which was great fun.  I quite fancied a little paddle maybe with a roll too but alas Smiley Human wouldn't let me....

No rolling in the stream allowed

So off we went, I spy a mule mountain in the distance!  Yippee!

Onwards and upwards, I spy a mule moutain
Eventually it was time to drop off Smiley Human at home, hope I see her again soon!

Then it was time for Female Human (FH) to take the reins! She likes to talk.... A LOT!  I learnt lots about the local wildlife and also had to stand and listen while she chatted to most of the local neighbourhood.  I guess it was okay though as she was mainly talking about my mulificence.

Eventually we were home after quite a trek, FH looks very pleased with herself, a likely story as I carried her half the way home!


FH said I had been an extra good muletta so I got to have a hedge picnic to celebrate my return home :-)


Well muleteers it's time for me to have a snooze as I am a little tired after my busy day.  I'm dreaming of competing in mule marathons, sounds like great fun :-)

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you are having lots of fun with your human friends, it makes me want to burst with pride..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callie, you are a fitness champion!. I love your multitasking ears, how they are tuned into the mule mountain sighting. You are very pretty!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks fans!! I've been having such a lot of fun showing off to the new humans around me, they are all very impressed with my mulificent ears and of course my all over good looks, are there such things as mule models???

    ReplyDelete