Friday 24 January 2014

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Size

Dumdedum, what a lovely week, some nice sunshine, lots of tasty grass and it's nearly the weekend - hooray! I've been having a nice time with my mini friend this week, we've been playing and chasing around, anyone would think we thought Spring might be on the way.... FH says we've got a long time to wait!  But you know what?  In Spring I'm gonna get a new playmate, I can't wait, imagine all those adventures I'm gonna have with Human Foal!

Cos us minis like a good adventure and we're not quite as placid as you think, when inspired to move and explore (and protest) we are giants!  Imagine my consternation when one of the humans peering at us over the gate announced that us minis must be no trouble, very easy to make do things and of course because we are small we are easily persuaded.... hmmm FH giggled and said that no we are not any less of a challenge than the big ones, just more wriggly!  One thing that us minis share is tenacity, never will a fence beat me, I'll find a way through, The Mini is not for persuading in any circumstances by someone he doesn't know and I will not be jabbed by the doctor man without a hoof waving hissy fit!  Hehe, just imagine all the mischief us minis can teach our Human Foal, I'm dreaming up the adventures already!

So for this week I leave you with a little saying that sums up what it is to be small.... it means nothing at all in the grand scheme of things, it's all about how you face the challenges in front of you ;-)

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of fight in the dog.
Dwight D. Eisenhower




13 comments:

  1. You are right as always Roller, it's our inner strength and attitude that governs who and what we are, not the furry package it's in... and you lot have bundles :-)
    Have a great weekend, hope to see you all soon
    Lots of love and scratches AH, UH and the waggy one xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dear AH, UH and Cousin Waggy! You are so very right :-) Small things can be mighty packages of strength.... as I like to prove occasionally! Loved seeing you over the fence yesterday, snuffles and whinnies - Roller xxx

      Delete
  2. My sweet Rolly, very wise words as always --great strength in a small package!. You look wonderful in your wintry coat, my poninja extraordinaire :-)

    Sunny kisses and long siestas to you all ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dearest Friend Carmen, I'm so glad you like my wintery coat, it is having to cope with a lot of rain at the moment but is holding up to the challenge well. I hope your Roller hat is keeping your ears warm, I think it is very cold with you again? Sending warming snuffles and whinnies - Roller xxxx

      Delete
  3. Roller it's GH here,you know your philosophical Friday thoughts are one of the highlights of my week.You sound as though you are planing some great adventures with Human Foal BUT you all have to wait a little while yet and be very good for FH.who still adores all the Muleteers and if you're going to provide any challenges PLEASE let them be in a SMALL size.
    Love to all of you,missed you but see you all soon.GH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Granny! I am planning some awesome adventures with my new HF friend! Can't wait :-) I am trying to persuade FH that there is no need for a buggy / stroller thing.... why have wheels when you can have hooves? I have my little saddle all waiting. I am being a very good pony at the moment and looking after FH, not too much escaping and lots of snuffles seems to be keeping her very happy :-)

      See you soon GH xxx

      Delete
  4. You are small but perfectly formed, Darling Roller. Also I suspect that you are a good size for getting my arms around for a lovely cuddle : - )
    With lots of cuddles of all sizes to you and your Muleteer friends from Judy in Cambridge


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Judy you are so right! A human's arms can fit right the way around me, even small arms! And my mane is apparently delightful to sink your nose in to and sniff.... this is FH's favourite smell in the whole wide world - she's got good taste! Sending you warming snuffles and whinnies on a miserable rainy day. Roller xxx

      Delete
  5. Ah my beloved Roller. I think humans often get in a muddle with the wee ones as they think cute and fluffy = pushover. How wrong can they be haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Zoe, you got it so right! Ah isn't he cute... hmmm when inspired I can be just as feisty as a shire ;-) I just do it with style and when they're least expecting it, hehe gotta keep the humans on their hooves!

      Delete
  6. Too true Roller. Minis are proof that big things come in small packages.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! My human says that dainty hooves leave much bigger prints on your heart :-)

      Delete
  7. You are a lucky mini. Not many humans would consider having such a talented mini such as yourself help with a human foal.
    We don't have mini's here but Badger who was 15 hands helped with a HF by giving her her first ride when she was 6 months old.
    Of course I was sitting on him and holding the baby...it was a delight!

    ReplyDelete