Wednesday 9 January 2013

The Art of Snuffling

Everyone has a gift in life.... mine is looking good (obvious) and..... Snuffling!  I think it should be an Olympic sport, then I would be a gold medalist!  Snuffling is guaranteed to raise a smile in the humans and provides much entertainment to me.

You can really test the trust of a human, how and where will they let you snuffle?

Some humans only like a snuffle of the hand, even that's nerve wracking for many... we are gentle and not tigers, promise.

There is one thing that's guaranteed to encourage me to snuffle wildy though.  Silly hats!  FH has an abundance of these (whoever bought her a white hat??  MH was that you?? Bad colour choice, it is now mostly brown ;-)

So here's the Roller Snuffle Technique.

Firstly ensure that your human has lowered themselves sufficiently and looks relaxed. Check out silly headwear in process...

Next snuffle any other clothing, you never know what might be hidden in pockets, alas nothing this time.

Then plant a kiss on your human's mouth, they love this, especially when I have been snuffling wet mud (brown lipstick, yum!) or scratching myself (Roller hair for them).


The final stage is to ensure much hilarity and laughter, I like the full head snuffle ensuring that I have cleaned off any remnants of eye make up and helped FH massage away the black rings under her eyes... good job she trusts me hey?!   No teeth are ever allowed, that is a definite rule!


Simple!  Snuffles are fun and I'm great at them!  The other Muleteers are also accomplished snufflers.  It is not their fave though, unlike me.  The Mini is the Hugger or Lap Sitter.  He likes nothing more than a good cuddle with his head on FH's shoulder.  


Dragon enjoys snuffling... but mainly her haynet!  Otherwise her favourite thing is the butt scratch.  When she's in the mood she parallel parks her butt in FH's face and presents for scratches, very un-ladylike Dragon!  Don't think she cares...!


Sending you all mid-week Snuffles, Hugs and Scratches xxx

13 comments:

  1. OH I love snuffles too.. I snuffle , hats.. Coat pockets...scarves... Wellie straps.. Bottoms tee hee.!!!. We could snuffle together but I'm not sure I know the way to your house.. Perhaps we could try Skype snuffles!!. Happy snuffling .. Woody x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Woody, snuffling is the BEST! Bottoms are good, have you learnt the toggle snuffle yet?? This is where you wait until your human is wearing a fleece or jacket with toggle on... then you snuffle, take it in your mouth and pull at the same time. Human then gets really excited telling you to release the toggle, you do quickly as instructed and it springs back in to place but oops it seems to hurt.... hmm never understood that one?

      We could make a real snuffling team... now where's the map?

      Delete
  2. Awwwwww love the snuffles post. To darn adorable, you can snuffle me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camryn, I would love to snuffle your gorgeousness any time! Roller xx

      Delete
  3. Too cute! Can I have some snuffles? How could anyone resist those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison, you and Shy get snuffles whenever you like :-) We reckon Shy snuffles well too? Sending you snuffles all the way across the ocean xx

      Delete
  4. My dear Roller, you made me swoon ... so much loveliness and sweetness!. You are a Snufflemaster!. If the snuffles come sprinkled with Eau de Pony Magnifique, extra bonus!.

    --Between us, FH's hats are like mine: fluffy and big, some with earflaps, but mine are snuffleless :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snufflemaster - yes this is a great title! I am sending you extra special snuffles and eau de pony magnifique, I hope it brightens up your hats :-) xxx

      Delete
    2. They did!. Thank you Roller!

      Delete
  5. Aww how cute. I used to have a mare that would sneak up behind me and take my stocking cap off my head and drop it in a water tank.
    I have a mule that will assist me by taking my gloves out of my pocket and tools from my bucket...

    A different art of snuffling I think, pranks come to mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe we think pranks are fun too! Your mules sound very clever at these things and are taking snuffling to the next level, maybe we might learn some of their tricks? Hmmm FH might laugh even more.....!

      Delete
  6. Darling Roller, I can see that you are indeed an advanced-level, expert snuffler. I have to admt that I am more than a little bit jealous of FH...
    Snuffles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dearest Judy, I am Snuffler Extraordinaire! I am sending you virtual snuffles to ensure you are not left out ;-) Have a nice weekend xx

      Delete