Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow Mule

Hey Minis!  Something odd has happened, we've been turned in to a black and white film!  Where's all the grass gone?  Oh My Mule, it's cold!!!

I'm sure when I went to bed last night there were greens and browns in the world and those fields over there had lots of grass on them.....







It's alright Dragon it's only snow, we don't get it often but it doesn't bite!  Where's Roller?  He knows all about snow being a Polar Bear in disguise you know, I'm sure he'll put your mind at rest and show you what to do.... Roller where are you??


Sorry ladies! I'm coming....if only I could wade through this stuff it would be sooo much easier, oh to have long legs!


Even those humans with much longer leggies than mine seem to struggling a little bit.... they don't have the secret weapon of the Polar Bear coat though!


Phew that was such hard work I think I need a lie down.... now then Dragon, this is lesson one!
Snow is brilliant for rolling around in, it's lovely and soft and fluffy... you should try!


That's it Dragon you've got it, you can be an honorary Polar Bear too! 


Hey Roller, I'm going for the camouflage look!  What do you think, do I look mulificent??


Now where is The Mini?  Last time I looked he was busy wasting time snuffling the humans....

Here I am!  Brrrr I've told those weather folks before that I am a desert animal, not made for wet stuff.  Can you see now FH why I needed those few extra pounds?  I may freeze after all your dieting of me.... what's that you say about looking like a bison??? Hmmm charmed!


Hey Mini, I'd forgotten how cold this stuff is when you eat it.... my tongue feels a little bit numb.  How ever will I warm it up??


I've got it!  Snuffles.... FH will you just come over here please? A little kiss would just warm me up!


Miaow... don't forget about me!  I don't like the look of this..... where's the colour gone?  I've never seen this stuff before.....


Oh Miaowleteers it's too cold on my little paws and I may sink..... quick what shall I do?


Oh yes!  That's right... I've found the right solution to the problem.  Making the humans do my bidding is so easy.... Queen Diesel requires carrying everywhere please and if you would just keep that hat there I can shelter from the wet, cold things falling from the sky!


OK folks enough of this messing around, there's no grass so we need feeding.  Well done FH some nice yummy haylage - just the job!



Pssst Mini.... FH has put another pile over here for us..... Dragon likes to play with her food and is a bit clumsy standing on me in the process.....
That's better a portion just for us minis.... do you think my hair looks good with my winter highlights?


Ssshhh don't neigh too loudly, you'll wake the Dragon, she's busy scoffing at the moment!


Hey FH I'm done with eating now, can we go play?


Look FH it looks like nice weather for a walk?  Please.....


Would you believe it folks? FH won't take us out to play! Something about work to do and slippery conditions and even 4 wheel drive not working, well duh!  She's forgotten that we are superior all terrain vehicles, we have 4 hoof drive!  Maybe tomorrow?

I'm off to see what happens when a mini mule tries to make snow angels..... hmmmm

Hope you're all toasty and warm, snowy dreams my friends xxx

17 comments:

  1. I see you have snow! If you aren't used to driving in it be careful!
    It does look quite beautiful!

    We can't ride here. Ice under the melted and refrozen snow in the woods make it too slippery. Plus we are supposed to go way below freezing tonight!
    Brrr, with lots of nasty winds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to see the snow, we rarely get much as we're in the warmer part of the UK, last time was 2010. It's starting to refreeze here too, definitely no riding this weekend.... nice to see it but nice when it thaws out and we can get back to normal :-)

      Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. Brrr...looks mighty cold in your part of Devon, although extremely pretty. We have escaped the worst of it..I hope! Keep warm muleteers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ann, it is so cold here and apparently going to get even colder! We have ordered our human to go and get us some mule sized ear muffs, she is not getting the hint yet. Hope you're staying warm too :-)

      Delete
  3. Looks great! We`ve had none at all, apart from the odd shower. Pity, I love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is pretty, we love snow but don't get much down here so making the most of it before it turns to slush and mud.... Hope you get some soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful snowy time you all had. Lovely hair highlights and royal treatment to the little Queen. Rolling on the snow making snow mule angels was much fun. Keep your pretty hooves and paws warm, my friends!. (Psst, FH, we share twin hats!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our paws and hooves are a little chilly but we are keeping busy with eating :-) FH says... good hats are hard to find, we both must have great taste! Sending you wintery snuffles and kisses xxx

      Delete
    2. Agree both with eating and good taste! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Excellent photos! I am glad that Dragon has got used to the snow. I am sure that you will all really appreciate your lovely warm stable tonight. Looking forward to the next update!
    Love from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, we're glad you like them :-) Dragon was most upset that the world had turned white! We certainly did like our lovely warm stables, all nice and toasty and FH even gritted our yard to make sure we didn't go sliding.... Roller says the salt tasted nice - yuck! Stay warm, we think you may have snow on the warm, sending warming snuffles and warm, fluffy coats to sink your cold hands in to xxx

      Delete
    2. I'd love to sink my hands into your fluffy coats!! It is snowing here.
      Love from Judy in Cambridge

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I miss our snow. . .
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love snow, hope you get some back soon, we are looking forward to watching you sled with Shy again :-)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping by and by the way...I forgot to say that visiting your part of the world is on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love your thoughts and pictures, I am amazed at your temperatures, makes ours look tame! Hope you manage to come over this way one day, there'd be a warm, long eared welcome!

      Delete
  9. Well for once, up here in the Highlands, we seem to have got off lightly. No snow here at the moment. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete