Friday 19 October 2012

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Animals

Only a short one today dearest muleteers.  FH has had a busy week with a multitude of problems, her soul is tired and she yearns to find the solution for a problem out of her control (this is especially hard for a self confessed control freak like FH!).  When all around is hard there is always a constant though my Muleteer friends. 

We Three Muleteers and our Catanian will be there to share the load (note: this is metaphorically rather physically as I'm sure you'll agree I am not really designed for stressful work!).

We can offer only what is innate to us and with that thought I offer you my quote for today. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.
Alfred A. Montapert

So Muleteers when you're in need of unconditional love, constancy, appreication and loyalty you don't have to look too far - just go and find your nearest non-human animal and they'll set you straight :-)

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Roller, I couldn't agree more. My whiskered soulmates always comfort me in special ways. Hopefully, FH will cheer up soon surrounded by so much love.

    Oh, how I adore your handsome winter coat!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carmen, FH says to tell you that it is hard to be sad with so many snuffles and cuddles available! My winter coat is coming along nicely, I'm very glad you like it, I like to be prepared for all weather eventualities - the price to pay for living in Britain!! Sending snuffles to you - Roller xx

      Delete
  2. I could not agree more either! Love the quote! I gotta borrow it :)
    This has been a hard week in my neck of the woods, too, here is to a much better weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Allison, we hope Shy has been cheering you up and here's hoping you have a good weekend too, sending you Roller snuffles to help you on your way :-)

      Delete
  3. Hello Roller, I hope that FH feels much better soon but I am sure that your love and support is helping tremendously. I love the photo...very impressed with your smart brown "socks".
    With cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy, thank you, my socks are perfect for hiding the mud ;-) I like to be colour coordinated at all times! I am giving FH lots of snuffles and allowing her to sniff my eau de pony under my mane - this always does the trick! Sending you Roller snuffles xx

      Delete
  4. When I am feeling blue I get mule hugs and dog kisses. I got a wet mule hug the other day and it was very nice.
    Animals always seem to be able to put some cheer back into my day. I don't think I could survive without them!

    ReplyDelete