Friday 28 September 2012

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Flexibility!

Dear Muleteers, my Dragon friend has been demostrating how flexible she is... when you gotta scratch and there's no human around to help you've got to do the best you can!

This got me thinking about being flexible and how the more of a bendy approach to life you take the easier it can be.  Living with two rather greedy mules I have to be a little flexible in my approach to ensuring I am fed adequately.  I've learnt that if I let them both argue with each other about who's haynet it is or which tuft of grass belongs to who they forget that I'm there and I can sneak in when they're not looking!  Being the diddiest member of the gang I can also reach my head under the lowest of fences and I have been known to sink on to my knees to commando crawl under the rails.... see flexibility in approach brings rewards!

I have also noticed that if I take the longest to come in from the paddock at night FH gets a little concerned and fends off the others while I receive my yummy banana peel or vitamin pellets, if you are just quiet and slow you get all the hugs and cuddles - everyone loves on underdog (that should be underpony I think!)

So here's my quote for the day!

I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times.
Everett Dirksen

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Funny guy! Shy has also been seen getting on her knees for a piece of hay.

    You sure are one smart pony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Roller, thank you for this wonderful quote. As we say in the martial arts world: be strong and flexible as water. The ocean waves pound with immense force, yet water also runs through your fingers and cannot be caught.

    I can see Callie here bending like a lovely shoreline wave. And, oh, I would love to see that commando crawl!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your Friday thoughts, Roller. Thank you.
    Cuddles from Judy in Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Sorry I have been a bit absent. Lots of health issues with hubby which seem to have evened out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Val, nice to have you back! Glad to hear that things have evened out a little, hoping you and yours are all well x

      Delete