Wednesday 7 March 2012

Riding with Catanian.

Greetings Muleteers!  Callie here to tell you all about my exciting evening :-)

As some of you may know I have only been with the gang for a short time so have been getting used to lots of new things.  I am only four and although I have shown the humans how to ride I am still a little new to this wonderful experience.  My human and I are still working out our language and we are learning together what works.  I'm enjoying it, human makes things fun by lots of praise and the occasional treat when I've been a really good mule.  She tends to ignore me when I have an 'opinion' about things (The Mini calls them teenager tantrums but I don't know what he means?) so I've learnt that to get attention I only have to do what she's thinking (secretly this is normally what I've told her to do :-)

Today was great, human has decided that as it's Spring and the nights are getting lighter that we can start to do that thing called work when she gets home.  So tonight we did a little more standing still practice (gosh this is boring!) and she practiced getting on and off (she needs the gymnastics practice, it's not just us mules that should be agile you know) and then we set off for a jolly walk up the lane to check out the new arrivals in the area.  We've got lots of new lambs and their mums as neighbours at the moment and boy are they noisy!  They are quite fun to watch though so we'll let them stay...for the moment....

So off we went on our jolly walk with human aboard, I was a super mule, human was soooo pleased with me!  My mulificent ears couldn't get any prouder as we set off.  But wait....

There's something following us.....

Catanian comes for a ride too!
Yes that's right it's that naughty kitty cat Catanian.  Catanian has decided to come for a walk with us too, hope she can keep up!  I really like Catanian, she shares my yard and her and I have to gang up on the boys sometimes, it was so nice to have her with us.  I had my dog defenders at the ready if any canines should spring out to hurt my little feline friend, they will regret chasing this cat as she has a mule to defend her!

So we all had a lovely walk, Catanian kept up the whole way, not bad for such short legs.



As we neared home human hopped off, she says she likes to let me cool down before we get home and it's my reward for carrying her, we also get to chat eye to eye this way which is great!

Catanian tries hard to keep up!
In the distance I could see man human with his camera, I love the camera - mule super model here I come! Catanian caught up with us and wanted to get in on the fun with the camera
So here we are the girls of the gang after our lovely ride together, we're already looking forward to next time!


 'Til next time muleteers!  The week is already half over so I'm looking forward to the weekend already, apparently there is lots of fun on the horizon for the Three Muleteers.... watch this space.

Sweet mule dreams - Callie xxx

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely trio!. Nice to see sweet Catanian again!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work, love to hear of your adventures,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks admirers! Catanian and I had soooo much fun we are planning our next girls day out for the weekend - girl power! Callie xx

    ReplyDelete