Friday 27 July 2012

Roller's Philosophical Friday: Dreams

Greetings Muleteers!  I am sooo excited, the Olympics are nearly here and I will be flying my union jack for Team GB.  I can only imagine how hard these sportsmen and women have worked to get to represent their countries in this amazing event.  As you'll remember I am a shetland in training for racing... I can tell you it is very hard work and I'm not an elite athlete.  We all have dreams though and although my dreams are not to win an olympic gold medal I would like to gallop around Dartmoor with the wind in my hair without getting puffed! 

So it got me to thinking about dreams and sports and I found a quote by my olympic hero Jesse Owens - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Owens this was a man that stood apart and followed his dreams despite widespread discrimination and unsporting behaviour - what an inspiration! 

We all have dreams.  But in order to make dreams come in to reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.
Jesse Owens

With that in mind muleteers I'm off to work on my endurance, my speed is unquestionable as I'm sure you'll agree ;-) 



Have a lovely weekend, we hope the sun shines on the athletes in London and of course we'll be listening carefully to see how our cousins get on in Greenwich.  Good luck to all your athletes wherever in the world you are reading us from - may the hardest working dreamer win!

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Roller,

    To watch the athletes perform, knowing how much work they have put in it through their entire lives, is truly inspiring. Knowing that you are exercising yourself to gallop the winds is inspiring, too, for it is your dream.

    Well, you have shared your post with a martial artist in four Japanese disciplines (the sword, the bow, the fist and fencing), having trained hard all my life. Actually, I have been once to Crystal Palace in an international Karate seminar.

    Before I kiss you all for the weekend, let me mention that your beauty and wisdom are unquestionable, too!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Carmen,
    How mulificent to know a real life athlete, you inspire me to train more :-) enjoy the olympics if you'll be watching. Snuffles to you - Roller xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the video!. That was a terrific sprint and kick. Such a refined technique!. Dear Roller, you already won gold!. I"ll be watching the Olympics and thinking of you all, my friends.

      Delete